Revive sugestion

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Zealoth, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Zealoth

Zealoth Member

Suggestion: make engies able to revive dead teammates, but without revive skill revived player have only 10 or even 1 hp, maybe it should require more calc charges, revive upgrade stay as it is

dumbest idea ever made me to post it, and title of MOST DUMB AND @#$%^& idea is! ......... APC without spawnpoint!!

pros:
    this will allow you to do anything without forward spawnpoint
    and its not imbalanced because engie uses whole calc energy to revive+heal teammate

cons:
    ?

2. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

cons:
    why?

3. Zealoth

Zealoth Member

oh, i wrote up here: you can revive teammate(totally useless in firefight due to 1hp rev health), while having repair upgrade

4. Empty

Empty Member

If you revive someone in a firefight, it takes about half a second for them to figure out they're alive and stop typing

They usually die instantly if you're in a shootout.

5. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

I actually kind of like this suggestion, for several reasons.

First, I never liked the major impact the revive skill has -- it grants you a whole new ability, a major one. I don't feel that skills should have such a big impact; they should grant you a bonus, not turn you into something totally different.

Second, one major problem with using revive right now is that your teammates often won't realize you have it, so they'll tap out when you could have revived them. If they know that every engineer has the power to revive, they'll be more likely to wait around.

Third, it'll encourage players to work together in teams. Revive is one of the best ways to do it... people tend to stay near teammates who revive them. But because chances to revive others only come up occasionally on comm maps (outside of a few key situations/areas), many people don't take it, so people don't wait for revive or hang out near engineers... which makes people take it even less.

I feel this would break that cycle, and encourage more teamwork.

6. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i agree, but it would make the engineer even more powerful :'(