Ressearch Que

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Shinzon, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Right now you can only "Que" one thing at a time; so if you loose concentration or if your com goes to take a potty break; you cannot ressearch anything and are loosing time

What if you could "Que" ressearch after another; so even if you don't have a commander in place you can be sure that the Que will do its job and ressearch everything that has been ordered...

2. Caelo

Caelo Member

removing some part of the importance of having a commander...
    hmm dunno if thats a good thing or not.. :|

3. Align

Align Member

Queue? Cue?

Yeah, this would be nice. Might save some vital seconds too.

4. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

well I wouldn't mind a que of 2 things (one going and one in waiting)

5. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

Not a bad idea. But please, can we stop using the word "que" in this thread.

QUEUE

Thank you.

6. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

You don't like the "Q"!?! They are gods you know... snap of the finger and you now have 2 noses... one next to an area you wouldn't like.

7. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Isn't this like giving players aimbots, I dno but I like the fact the commander can doze off and forget important research.

8. pickjaoe

pickjaoe Member

Human error is what gives the one team an advantage. If we didn't have commanders with bad multi-task skills there would be a stale-mate every game. I often forget to start new research even with it telling me a research is done. These games I usually lose because of it. So I say no to the research Queue.

9. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I say yes, especially because of low player count games where you can't afford to stay in the command vehicle waiting.

I'd rather have player skill and strategy determine game outcomes instead of which team can most consistantly work through a clumsy menu. It should be important what research you get (and how much it costs you), not how faithfully you can sit in the comm vehicle and hit buttons

10. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I find the seconds you loose while jumping through the menus quite irritating, so i would be all for a que of one.

also, allow unlimeted queing for games where there is 8 or less players.

11. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

Most of the RTS I've seen (but honestly, I haven't seen much) has the queue ability in some way, shape, or form. There's nothing wrong with the concept.

I also advocate this idea because by streamlining the com job, just a little bit, you allow the newer players an easier time commanding. Think about it: better comms means funner games. How many of you would--just once--like to go ONE ROUND without constantly asking the newbie comm "COMM WHAT ARE YOU RESEARCHING NOW?" or "DID YOU REMEMBER TO RESEARCH?"

The only thing a queue will do (hey, that rhymes!) is let commanders focus on more advanced things like strategy, mobility, turret placement, etc. Sure, this may be no fun for the senior, experienced commanders here on the forums who have adapted to the current system, but it would make things MUCH easier for the beginner commander, which I feel is immensely important if we want to expand the player base.

12. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I'm with lobster.

this can hardly take away from the fun of the game other than making it less elitist.

and a 'que' of one won't remove all the autonomy of the comm.

13. pickjaoe

pickjaoe Member

There could also be server side options like turning the Research Queue off or on.

14. Align

Align Member

Speaking of research, could we please make what's currently researching visible to the people on the ground as well as the comm?

15. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

Yes please.

16. Chahk

Chahk Member

Don't you like surprises?

Seriously though, show me one commander that likes hearing opinions of his entire team on his every research choice. I can already hear it: "OMGWTFBBQ!!! Don't research THIS, research THAT instead!!!1!1shifteleven"

What I would like for ground forces to have instead, is the same voice notification Commander gets upon research completion. The text notification is nice, but it's easy to miss during all the action.

17. Hikuso

Hikuso Member

Bah, i'm probably the commander that sits the least in the CV yet i hardly miss research at all, unless ofc i'm involved in combat to save important areas or structures, the only time i really just sit in the com is when i'm satisfied with the area we control or when my boys are involved in combat and need an "eye in the sky".

Sure having a queue would make any commanders job easier, but imo it's easy enough as it is, ppl just need to concentrate more.

18. arklansman

arklansman Member

I usually ask what my team wants researched, if I know it's someone who knows what they are doing.

19. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

I always research what I want, then when my team fails at winning, I get myself a tank and win the game myself. Only way to guarantee success.

Its always funny when people are bitching at me because they fail at winning the game, then I just drop a tank for myself, carefully dodge their defences and kill the cv :P

20. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Nice suggestions so far, I'm both for adding a research que, and showing what is being researched to ground troops.

I want to tank battle you when my computer's in order again, RPG. D: