Resource point - fractional income

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by SwampRat, Apr 5, 2008.

1. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

I had a suggestion given to me by one of the ghost whatsit people chaps as to how to improve my sinking map - make the resource flow from one of the ref points lower than 1. He seemed quite adament that its possible, but I remember from somewhere that it shouldn't work.

So,

1) can fractional values, e.g. 0.5, be used on refineries? will this just be rounded (down or to the nearest) whole number, if the resource multiplier of the server is above 1 (more than some number of players causes this doesnt it?) then does it recount (so 0.5 rounded to 0 at 1x but is 1 at 2x or is it 2x 0 (rounded value x 2)?)

2) can the map resource rate be halved instead, will this have any different effect?

The answer may be helpful to add to the wiki (I couldnt see it there)

Ta

2. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Also while we're on the subject of resource nodes, I don't know what the standard node income rates are for most maps.

3. J_4mes.

J_4mes. Member

just curious why do you want to lower it anyway?

4. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

The refinery is at an important and fairly defensible point on the map - even with just 1 res per tick its quite a bonus.

I experimented with setting the refinery to 0.5 and it just gave no resources at all, sort of as I expected. I tried increasing the server res multiplier to 2 to see if that gave anything different, but it didnt seem to (I think there may have been something odd going on though as it didn't double any res rate from what I could see).

My sinking map now (still) has a total res per tick count of 14 - which seems rather high to my mind but if one team takes the centre then it should be moderately easy to restrict their access to the side refineries (actually less easy now there are more paths, they work both ways). the team without the centre deserve extra resource if they can hold it (up to 12 per tick should be reasonably easy) so that they can throw things at the middle more easily.

I doubt it works overly well in practice though.