Reskinns.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Deltah, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Deltah

Deltah Member

Okay, you guys have done great jobs with the current skins, and most of them dont need to be changed. But, this is mostly a problem with the weapons the Brendoni uses. Now, the standard AR and HAR. I think the HAR should have a slighlty different look, and be a bit bigger. Also if you guys go back and decide not to take out the Scout sniping rifles, please dont just add a scope to the thing and call it a day. make it look like a sniper rifle. I mean, some of it does make sense for cost effectiveness, having a bunch of modifications all built off the same frame but, maybe make the weapon frame a little bit smaller, and more modifcation. Also, it kind of buggs me seeing the clip on the side of a gun. While, there is not a problem with it, it feels kind of weird to me, and probably to other players also. Personally, I think a more bullpop design for the standard Brendoni rifle would make sense. Also the barrel in my opinion should be slightly longer compared to the HAR. Also another thing I could think of would be, moving the scout rifle down and added as another weapon the riflemen could utilize. But, if that were too hapen in my opinion, it should be nerfed down to the same power level and clip size as the normal AR but, the scope would be kept, and it would be semi automatic. Anyhow, I think the some of the Brendoni Empire weapons should have a more greyish look and, some glowing lights on the sides, so you dont feel like your just holding some big black box that kills people. The northern faction weapons have so much more variety in grime in them, personally i think they kill more efficently to, so it feels like the Brendoni got jibbed. Think about it. The brendoni empire weapons are made in big factories, maintained by technicians and over-enginiered. The NF weapons may as well have been made by small child labor. And they work better. Conclusion? work on some skinning. I know its a big thing to ask but, it would make things look better, and fit in more with the awesomely designed game itself.

2. BumGravy

BumGravy Member

Start > Programs > Accesories > Paint.

3. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

You're free to start photoshop and start working ^^

And please, space the words a bit.

4. Empty

Empty Member

It's harder than you think, you need VTFEdit too. And if you plan on changing anything major, like resolution, you'll be doing a shitload of work.

Also, the 3 Brenodi rifles use the same skin. Changing one will change the others.

Also, you're starting to go off on a tangent more along the lines of modelling, the devs can handle empires, but unless you're a modeller/skinner don'tmake a suggestion thread for skins.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2008
  5. Deltah

Deltah Member

Damned AA guns shooting down my ideacopters. I need some chaff.
    Ehhh. I guess you people have brains. But, If you love a game, shouldent you care about it enough to make suggestions? Not just run around rampid in the forums and shoot peoples suggestions down, and denounce the thread as spam.

Oh and mind looking at this here. : "Also, you're starting to go off on a tangent more along the lines of modelling, the devs can handle empires, but unless you're a modeller/skinner don'tmake a suggestion thread for skins."
    ----: "TELL US HOW TO MAKE IT BETTER INSTEAD OF GRIEFING." ----- Mhhm. Makes you wonder a bit ehh?

6. LordDz

... :D

Well what I'm saying is that the Devs have enough on their hands already, so if you want something done like reskins, then it's up to you.

7. Omneh

Omneh Member

I found a sexy photoshop plugin that makes VTF files and stuff easy as shit, but I can't remember where. :(

Either way, feel free to start skinnin' yerself.

8. LordDz

Ye, or just use VTFEDit + Photoshop, it's just a matter of importing the texture and go for it!

And skinning aint that hard when you've done a few ones.:)

9. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

well the difference is that quote is talking about gameplay changes, where as all these ideas your throwing out are purely aesthetic and dont affect the game at all.

If you've looked around the problem is the devs are dealing with serious gameplay changes so if you want models changed like they said, you better start learning photoshop.

10. Empty

Empty Member

What's wrong with the skins. And what does solokillers quote have to do with anything in this thread.

11. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

That was in response to Empty's griefing on money, he wasn't telling us how to make it enjoyable, he just dumped the CV in the water. It's different from this.

12. Deltah

Deltah Member

Itd be nice if you read about the post so you could tell whats wrong with the skins. Also, read quote. You flame me for wanting reskins, and making suggestions about reskinning. In my eyes the "do it yourself" would lead me to believe you think im griefing, and then go back to Solo's quote, TELL US HOW TO MAKE IT BETTER INSTEAD OF GRieifng. So, the quote has to do with what you posted in the thread, which is bascily part of the thread, blah blah blah, dont say im going against the threads subjuct becouse I said something about what you said. Good day sir.

13. LordDz

You do know that the quote is a signature right?

And we wasn't flaming, we was just telling what you had to do if you wanted any change. :)

EDIT: I'll change the sign now.

14. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

oh lol he thought you posted solo's quote? lawl that makes some sense now