Research Suggestion Compilation Thread

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Destroyer224, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

I've seen that it is a general consensus that everyone would like to see more researches in number, and more varied ones, (for infantry and tanks alike) and they seem to get suggested all over the place in all sorts of threads. I've decided to create a thread dedicated to the discussion of what new researches people would like to see and to try and organize them neatly using the Pros/Cons system. I have seen similar systems become very successful on other forums and was hoping to have the same effect here.

It's a very simple system for describing a research. Tell what it is and how it works, tell what it's good against and what it's bad against, and list all the pros and cons of it. You may also list pros and cons of other people's suggestions

NOTE: I may not be able to update this on as frequent a basis as I would like to, (real life gets in the way a lot) but any moderators should feel free to edit this post to add new suggestions.

Dizzyone apparently has some sort of new research tree planned to possibly be included, (from what I have heard it isn't anything close to being set in stone) but cannot think of very good names and/or some researchables for it. I talked with him about it on IRC, and it sounded absolutely wonderful. I'll leave it up to Dizzyone about whether or not he wants to throw the idea into the fire and see if some corners burn, however.

Weapon Researches:
    Armor-Piercing Cannon
    Description: Slow firing, highly powerful 3-slot cannon whose projectile travels very fast and is more effective against armors designed to absorb a projectile's impact.
    Weak against: Reactive armor, Reflective armor.
    Good against: Absorbant armor.

Pros:
    1) Defeats the seemingly 'unchallenged regin absorbant armor has'.
    2) Gives commanders more choice in weaponry to outfit their heavies with.
    Cons:
    1) Might make BE heavies even more overpowered. But that's really due to a tank balacing issue with the NF heavy vs the BE heavy.

2. Simon

Simon Banned

Absorbant sucks. Comp FTW.

Fast weapontry does good damage vers. Comp not absorbant. Missiles ./pwn absorbant. A round of UML will rip through like 4 plates. (I think) Dizzy confirm?

Also Dizzy is editing the scripts trying to balance them out. He just didn't get a chance to get the new scripts into rc27 but If i'm not mistaken there will be new weapon/armor scripts in rc28.

3. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

UML has low speed, thats why most of its damage is not absorbed, since absorbant has the lowest hp of all armor, UML is indeed very powerful against absorbant (note that I intended UML to be the absorbant killer, thats why it was pimped in latest rcs). Composite is weak against railgun, especially in the next rc (railgun is pimped).

The problem with this suggestion right now is that armor will need many more variables for balance, currently there is very little difference between reactive and absorbant, with current game in mind, such a weapon could not be made. Good suggestion however, for post 2.0.

And yeh Simon, I sent Krenzo new balance for rc28, a few minor changes for now.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
  4. Valiant

Valiant Member

hey, dizzy, would you mind showing what your ideas for a new research tree would look like?