research should be given from the radar!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by supaste, May 12, 2006.

1. supaste

supaste Member

ok i was thinking that it would be much better if we made it so the research could not be researched in the comm, instead in the radar by some one who enters and acesses a console inside.

This would mean that the comm would have less to worry about because he has just realised that he has had half the game and not researched anything. because research is one of those things that you tend to forget about at a point in the game.

i was also thinking that if this was implomented it would allow the comm to make a guide line path for the stuff to be researched in.

Also if this was in the game the radar would become more realistic in the fact that the door to get into it would get used.

comments on my suggestion plz :D

2. Shakura Jolithion

Shakura Jolithion Member

Perhaps some other reason to go inside the radar... Maybe commander can control one radar, and then any extras can be player-used, or perhaps allow for either a slight increase in research speed or multiple researches at once? Not anything so simple as 1 radar= 1 more research slot, something like the 3rd gives 2 researches, 6th gives 3... etc. Or require something where someone has to go inside to start it.

3. theBlind

theBlind Member

So, you want the noobs wishing for nukes to be able to waste all the res to research it, only to realise that they need heavy tanks to mount them only *then* to realise that heavy tanks without engines and armor are worthless?

Definate no.

4. supaste

supaste Member

ok ill rethink

what about if the comm made a research path that had to be followed

say you put a number 1 on the first research you want doing and then a 2 on the secand ect...

oh and make it still possible for the comm to research himself.

5. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

you could try watching your research

6. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

I agree with theBlind. Comm must be retarded to notice minutes later that he forgot about research.

7. supaste

supaste Member

guess that make me a retard!

but i dont like comming much anyways.
    nor do i do it much.

8. Shakura Jolithion

Shakura Jolithion Member

Well it would be nice if radars served an actual purpose other than enabling research... Perhaps a scout could go into an enemy radar, take a piece of technology, and bring it back to friendly radar so that the particular technology will research 10% faster, but only works once per tech... Anything that requires someone to sit around doing nothing but holding a key should not be implemented...

9. Stu

Stu BehälterGott

No. Anyone could run in there and waste res.

10. FalconX

FalconX Developer

What he said.
    This is just a bad idea. Especially because the commander in Empires is supposed to be the director of his team and the setter of goals. Research, and the strategy that certain branches entail, is his decision.

11. nuke

nuke Member

commanders can get a message saying do u agree or disagree with reashching this tech

12. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

That would make late game comming even more boring than it already is.

13. CourtJesterG

CourtJesterG Member

:D I like the idea of stealing techology from persons radr and saftely tryign to return it to yours for use! This would give you a free tech advance and make the scout hid for useful intead of sneak up and kill someone only to be shot at and kill by ppl next to him lol! Also you don't have to waste res getting the tech it should be rewarded if the scout some how does make it back alive as a reward and the scout can recieve a rank bonus!:rolleyes:

14. Stu

Stu BehälterGott

We are talking about if any infantry from a team can walk into a radar and research something. The correct opinion to have about this topic is negative.