research queue

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by OuNin, Jan 10, 2013.

1. OuNin

OuNin Member

since research is free, there's absolutely no reason not to be reasearching the entire time. additionally, with attack orders back, the commander has the capability of directly working with infantry.

therefore, the commander should be able to queue up at least one next step of research so he or she can spend more time with the team

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Blah blah distracting valid tactic blah blah.

You know how I feel about this. It's the same reason I don't want automatic refinery placement for engineers. The more micro/macro the commander has, the better. It's his job to keep an eye on these things. The game doesn't need to mollycoddle them through this.

3. OuNin

OuNin Member

additionally, players should be able to see what is queued up so they have an idea of the kind of vehicles they're going to be getting

blindly applying more micro doesn't necessarily make the commander's job better. a queue takes more micro so that they can apply more macro

4. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

I was thinking of reactivating commander drawable map + research overview. This way, players can see what a commander is planning to do. Automatic research queueing isn't implemented at the moment.

5. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

The drawable map would be awesome. Do eeeet

6. Ducky

Ducky 2D Artist

I agree, imho the tactial minmap could do a lot for team coordination if the devs get it working.
    The research overview is probably less useful during the round, where you as comm don't want to update it with the latest research decision all the time.

7. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

8. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

Don't really like this suggestion. A team should suffer at least a few lost seconds of research if a commander is out boomtanking/gets killed out of the cv/etc.

9. RetroFade

RetroFade Member

Exactly. The commander has enough to do in terms of helping the team in terms of targets being back etc. A research queue would be nice but I do not think it's appropriate. It would be a luxury at most.

Unfortunately the commander's biggest problem is the team. And most of the time with "vets" it can be full of twats, depending on who you are playing with

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  10. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Could we at least have a "research pending" sign while the com is looking at the tree? Put the text right over the current thing that says "no research right now" or whatever (you could even color it yellow to make the red "no research" thing make sense).

I'm a bit of a dick. I will constantly badger my com when he isn't researching. But it's hard to tell when a com is just fighting his way through the pitiful com gui and when he's got his thumb up his ass.

Also, it might be handy to know when the com is in com view versus when he's driving. If my com is running for his life, I give him a break about research (sometimes).

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013