Research materials.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Inflames007, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Inflames007

Inflames007 Member

I think that making the comander research a few kinds of materials would help preventing vehicle rushes in the beggining of rounds.
    the better the material you research, the cheaper vehicles get.
    the name material is an example, so you can replace it with any idea you want.

2. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

Efficient Manufacturing?

3. Deiform

Deiform Member

New mining class to get vehicle materials? That would be cool. =P <---- take note of the sarcasm smilie

4. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

Improved Refineries? :) Why not?

5. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

Improved refinaries
    +
    Advanced Refinaries (with new models for each :D)

and also
    Improved Manufacturing
    +
    Advanced Manufacturing

6. katana9000

katana9000 Member

Hmm. I always had the idea of a non-combat class. (Bar engis) That would do other tasks to help the team. Like research would be selected by the commander but it would be completed by a class that does misc. non-combat tasks. (And therefore would have either only a light pistol or no weapon at all.) We could call the class "Cheap Labor" :P But seriously I do think something like that would be good.

7. Simon

Simon Banned

Because it's not like we don't have a whole class dedicated to killing tanks or anything. Gren FTW. But it acutally does sound like a pretty cool idea.

8. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I don't really think anyone is going to want to be that class. it's generally hard enough getting someone to stay at base to make the radar...

9. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

what about if their weapon can kill a person in one in in CQC?

10. Destroyer224

Destroyer224 Member

I say scrap the non-cobatant class and just have the research for improved+advanced Refs and Manufacturing.

Standard Refs should work at like 100% efficiency, Improved Refs should work at 125% efficiency and Advanced Refs should work at 150% efficiency.

Standard Manufacturing means tank chassis' cost is 125% of normal, Improved Manufaturing means 100% cost, and Advanced Manufaturing means 75% cost.

You could put these in the currently empty sixth research category. Call it something like 'Resource Engeneering' or something. (Feel free to make up another name.)

11. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

I agree with Destroyer. In most RTS's, these kinds of things are researched first, like in C&C Zero Hour, your first priority (besidies anti-rush defenses) is getting your main building (like the Strat. Center for USA) and then the Supply Drop, which gives $2500 every 2 minutes.

So, like other RTS's, the sooner you get your money upgrades the faster you can make an army.

12. Awrethien

Awrethien Member

If all you want to do is prevent vehicle rushes why not make Mec. Eng. reqired to be resurched to get a factory?

13. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

because that would be totally denying the posibility of early rushes, instead of the proposed system that offers an opportunity for both.

14. Hikuso

Hikuso Member

would be cool to have some infantry improving techs aswell, if you don't feel like using a lot of vehicles

Explosivetipped bullets for the mg's and plasma bullets for the engineers, perhaps poisoned bullets for scout and the possibility for grens to have democharges instead of mines... :D

Last edited: Sep 12, 2006
  15. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

i beleive infantry upgrades are 1st on the list for new research catagories (even though new research catagories are a ways down)

16. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Deleted for making a new topic about it.