Res flow question

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by Nickierv, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Nickierv

Nickierv Member

With the current system, once a team is at some number of members, the res rate jumps by some value.

If the # of players for increased (bonus) res rate is 12, if team 1 has 11 players and team 2 has 12 players is team 1 on the default rate and team 2 on default + bonus?

2. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

if I remember right its total player count not per team and both teams get the same rate.

3. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

doesnt matter, it also jumps if you are on the server alone. i could be wrong, but iirc this always happend, or at least for a few version (i noticed it when i made provinggrounds 2 years ago)

my guess is that it has something to do that its actually not res/seconds but res/x-update-cycles (server ticks). so, my bet goes on a rounding error.

the values are correct, its only the displayed increase thats off (and not really off, its evening out)

4. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Ignoring other posts because I have no idea what they mean.

It's done based on players on NF/BE, so not spec/unassigned. Once that amounts to 12, every ref point doubles. Once that amounts to 24, every ref point is now 3x what it was originally. At 36, 4x. And so on and so forth.

So the Mvalley dam ref goes 4, 8, 12, 16. Which is balanced against the 2 north refs going 2, 4, 6, 8 each. Before we updated to this system, it used to just do +1 to every ref at every boundary, but this caused imbalances with maps where a double ref was balanced against a couple of singles. For example, on Mvalley, the dam went 4, 5, 6, 7, and the north refs each went 2, 3, 4, 5. Meaning that by 36 players, the dam was generating 7/sec, and the north was 10/sec.

5. PatPeter

PatPeter I have no idea what I am talking about

So that's why I always hated mvalley.

Or because otherwise it requires maintaining two bases instead of one on north.