Remove parachute or make it look more fitting?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Sgt.Security, Jan 11, 2017.

1. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

Admittedly, in its current state if we were to change the model I'd honestly want a gigantic "KILL ME" sign with an arrow pointing at the player using it.

2. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

why would a serve owner take away something the majority wants? You don't run a good server that way and its majority rules because you just cant please everyone. and to the few who are complaining about it code a better plugin I'm sure the creeper will be happy to upload it

3. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

What if the perceived majority is, in fact, just a vocal minority? I'm not saying this applies here, but sometimes "what the people want" is not "what we need".

Also, since just gutting the parachute plugin and setting mp_falldamage 1 isn't going to fly ever, I very much support Xya's idea.

4. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

Hey, I was the first to suggest make it single use per life so it actually makes sense. I demand credit.

But really, noobs don't even know how to use it. So often I see "how do I do the parachute" so it's not like noobs are really even using it.

5. D.D.D. Destroyer

Xya's idea is primarily about turning it into a researchable item, but okay, you started something here :P

6. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Yeah again destroyer you are making some really poor arguments here.
    Maybe the perceived majority on the forums is the real vocal minority.
    No way to prove it so using it as an argument to define the vocal minority is soooooooooo fucking bad
    Its actually waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more likely the perceived majority is the forums because so little people on this forums actively play empires.

Kidpaler likes this.
  7. Kidpaler

Kidpaler Member

This is very true. This is why if someone is doing something, they shouldn't come to the forums, or if they do they should take all "advice" or "recommendations" with a grain of salt. Lots of people here comment based on the game when they left, rather than what it is now, or don't even play anymore so it's not like they are going to quit over the change because they don't play in the first place.

You'd have to ask around in game and do numerous polls to get accurate information from the actual player base.

8. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Its kinda ironic since your president elect uses the exact same arguments in his elections

but thanks for backing me up ma homie

9. D.D.D. Destroyer

I wasn't clear enough there - I don't mean this as an argument, just as something to always keep in the back of your mind. I'm obviously not so full of myself to say "I say this, so I must be in the majority". In fact, I'm positive that whoever comes to these forums is the minority, so obviously we can't use the popular vote argument here.

10. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

all i can say is on VIPER the majority did not want it removed, and people (mostly non Euros) complained to me about EPIC not having it (no offense Trickster my friend) and people who post on the forums are not a majority of anything for the most part, many don't even play who post regularly on the forums and only a small handful have posted wanting chutes removal.

D.D.D. Destroyer and Paradox like this.