Remove emp_money in the next release.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by --{[TheÁstroÁr¢hítect]}--, Dec 27, 2009.

?

Remove money in the next release of empires.

1. Yes.

16 vote(s)
    47.1%
  2. I am a fool, an idiot and an all around troll, I for one like money very much.

18 vote(s)
    52.9%
  1. --{[TheÁstroÁr¢hítect]}--

--{[TheÁstroÁr¢hítect]}-- Banned

Some people keep reviving this, please lock.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

then server owners come and put it on the servers again - not official money but some edited 2.24 version - its basically the same with SoF :rolleyes:

3. --{[TheÁstroÁr¢hítect]}--

--{[TheÁstroÁr¢hítect]}-- Banned

I played the new money, I was there when they tested it.

I had a bug that caused the server to crash, atleast - that is what they told me.

4. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i dont mean tricksters version. i doubt it will be a huge problem to get 2.24 money on servers ... not making it official doesnt magically remove the map from the intertubes :rolleyes:

5. Empty

Empty Member

SoF is a good map though.
    It has flaws, but it's not money.

6. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Money, in theory, is fun.
    Money, in practice, is not.

There needs to be roofs above the bases (invisible or not), there needs to be an underground (or below-the-middle infantry-only area; accelerate the access to the battlefield with player_speedmod, and the battlefield is normal).

7. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

agree
    well , SoF at least promotes thinking outside of the box, which i as a tfc jumper tend to use every now and then, it isn't the most balanced map that there is, but money is as plain and stone-age as it gets. Not suprisingly, some people like that kind of empires gameplay and will keep playing it ,making admins keep that abomination in the map list.

8. Empty

Empty Member

I love the excuses admins give
    "I can't remove it because it brings people to the server and some people like it"

What about all the people who basically instantly ragequit when money loads.

9. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Get over it, RTV it, or find a server that you like, go to their forums and ASK THEM TO REMOVE IT!

Making a map that has been official for 4 years unofficial just because is pointless.

Again, go to a server forums, and ask them nicely to remove it from rotation. The most I want to see done to money is taken off the default server rotation. There is no reason to remove a functional map without holes in it.

Also, if you make a pole, try not to be a complete douchebag troll about it and use serious answers. And please don't come back and tell me you don't understand how making it impossible to vote no without calling yourself an idiot is an insult.

Fucking troll.

10. Empty

Empty Member

Have you ever tried to fucking RTV or change server?

There are no other servers. We have 3 servers you can play on regularly, one of them is EU, I can't go there, one is the ELC, which is always full, and then viper, which is often empty. I can't go to G4TC without dying of lag, so ELC is generally my only choice.

RTV requires 40% of a server or more most of the time, in a full match that's about 20+ players, a ridiculous number.

I've asked people to remove slaughtered and money, they simply tell me that people like them, they fill the server, and that they can't remove them, which is bullshit.

11. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

There are enough people who DO like those maps to play them. They are great for new commanders, in context of the ELC, as they have simple layouts and require very little strategy in how to move troops.

Taking from your opinions, if you can't get people to RTV the map every time, or you can't get them to remove it, then maybe the few people making a big deal of it are the ONLY people who dislike it to the extent you do.

12. Empty

Empty Member

They aren't great for new commanders, the maps have an incredibly strict sequence of events teh commander has to do to not lose in the first 10 minutes. Rush SE, rax at bridge, seal off S-Bend, get arties, get nukes, wall off the entrances.

The maps don't teach you to command, they teach you how to play slaughtered and money like a robot.

13. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

warning! warning! warning!

lame and invalid arguments detected

abbandon the ship immediatelly!

seriously, i won't even bother if you can't put up a good a logical argument

[anyway, back in the day, most maps were put in due to lack of mappers, not becuase there were good ones]

however, I must agree about the poll , it really makes even chimps sad

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  14. Flash Gordon

Flash Gordon Member

So is Z100000M this terrible by nature or am I just in the wrong place at the right time?

"deal w/it" is the best answer to your "question" so...deal w/it.

15. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Tbh, people would complain if the maps were removed from rotation, and the maps don't get enough votes to rtv. Only 5-10 max usually.

this is hardly the majority in how people feel about each map, though the minority can be very vocal about their feelings.

My lack of argument was because the OP did not actually give a good reason to remove the maps to begin with.

16. Empty

Empty Member

RTV numbers are bullshit, people don't RTV unless the map is severely broken, and even then people don't.

I used to play obsidian conflict a lot, and obsidian conflict has a lot of broken ports from SVEN COOP. Like utterly broken, you can't do anything because it's so broken, and people will sit there for 30 minutes before they RTV.

People are ignorant of RTV, people are also stupid.
    As spawwn said, when the map vote actually starts, very few press 'don't change'.

17. soundspawn

soundspawn Member

The only thing I'm not sure of is if people realize they are voting for an immediate change of maps. I've noticed mapvote (which is for nextmap) and rtv (immediate) both say the same message, something like "Choose the next map"... but again, the last option being "Don't change" should be a giveaway as to what you're doing. The problem with rtv is that it requires the majority of players, but the approx half that are winning probably don't want to rtv enough to actually press 5 keys on the keyboard even if the map is broken... plus half of the players on your team aren't paying attention/don't care, so really the only 25% who give a shit can't pass a vote even though no one is really against it.

What I should do is write a "block the vote" addon, and if half the players don't block the rtv, it goes through (still would have a don't change option at that point giving even the laziest player many chances), require like 10% of players to rtv before it kicks in and put a 5 minute timer on it after failing so people can't spam it just because it gets shot down. Thoughts?

18. recon

recon SM Support Dev

Exactly.

@Spawn: Having a rtv pop up every five minutes will get annoying.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  19. Empty

Empty Member

I don't see how it's fun in theory.

Money is one of those maps we all made when we were 10 for Starcraft or some similar game with an editor.

You had two massive islands/bases with infinite res and a tiny chokepoint in the middle and you thought it was the best fuckin' thing in the world.

20. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

I did that with red alert all day, :3.

What money needs is clarification. Is this a tank map? Open up middle. Is this an infantry map? Don't let tanks obsolete infantry.

Seeing as we have, well, money, tanks become the option.
    So we have some problems.

1. Middle is a clusterfuck.
    2. Nuke sniping.
    3. Walls. How2 destroy?

My main suggestion of this post is to have a pre-built wall/vehicle ramp. Engineers have to build it (2,000 points), and it takes half damage from everything excluding seismics.
    Then, somewhat like emp_snowbound, there needs to be tunnels into the enemy base. Perhaps from middle? I don't know. But there needs to be more than two ways in.

This will also give purpose to holding middle. Whilst you DO have middle, you are the one who pushes the offensive.