Remove Commander Text Spam

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by o_O, Jul 11, 2009.

1. o_O

o_O Member

I know this has probly been brought up before. But its important, easy and hasn't been fixed. See the attachment if you don't already know what I'm talking about.

Basically, it makes it harder for the commander to communicate with their team. If you are giving targets like a good comm should be, the screen is full of that crap basically all the time, making it really hard to catch anything said in text chat. People that don't have mics just have to sit there spamming REF REF REF, until someone voice chats it to you.

I don't see the point of that stuff anyway, it doesn't really tell you anything. Who cares how many generic targets got killed and how many are left. Those targets are just going to respawn anyway, and I'm going to drag a new target box around them. If I wanted to know whats going on and how much stuff is being killed, I would go look.

Honestly, if you could toggle this stuff on/off in the options menu, how many people would have it on?

Attached Files:

2. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I'd have it off. It's basically only useful to tell if my people are doing well or getting pwned.

3. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I don't find it a problem, so I'd probably leave it on.

4. DrummerX

DrummerX Empires Tyrant

In my opinion, i tend to comm a lot, kinda enjoy it most of the time.

The whole, so and so has completed the objective, so and so has died, so and so blah blah blah, we dont' need to see this, i hardly ever see actual chat, i have to cheat and look in my irc for what's been said or go into console most of the time, I like the Voice, Bob has been killed and YOU"RE UNDER ATTAC, crap like that through voice is great, but we can do without the chat spam.

5. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Split them? Chat on the left, messages on the right.

6. Bass

Bass Member

[​IMG]

The text is a bit annoying, all you need is that female saying how everyone is dying and people are destroying your buildings.

7. DrummerX

DrummerX Empires Tyrant

side effects to running server, what can i say

8. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

9. o_O

o_O Member

First off, that team objectives thing on the top is the best suggestion ever. WHY ISN'T THAT IMPLEMENTED HOLY CARP. Teammates would just look at the top of the screen and be like, oh, our team needs refineries, also, we had better get some revives going.

2nd, splitting the text stuff would be fine, but I don't really see the point of most of it in the first place. Everything important is told to you by the voice. Maybe a notification when an enemy building is killed or a friendly tank dies would be handy, but other then that the text is just spamspam 3 targets spamspam something got killed spamspam player dead spamspam 4 remaining.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  10. [D3]Leroy Jenkins

[D3]Leroy Jenkins Member

adfasdfadsf (because what i typed in the quotes doesn't count for some reason.)

11. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

what about a "requests" box, players can request things like refs and raxes etc etc with the F menu and it comes in a list sorted on time asked and location (no twice requesting the same location on mapgrid)

like a "todo" list for the commander filled up by the infantrymen

then put the rest in a box under chat noone cares about

Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  12. Bobbus

Bobbus Member

Or let people look at a ref node/be within X distance of it and use F menu to give a request voicecomm which displays a big icon on the minimap ala battlefield games.
    Disable it if there is already a ref built there, of course.

13. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

Yeah. I already suggested to at least improve it by combining every player in one sentence if they had the same target.

Such as J00, lulz, turd, pwnar, turdunator had destroyed 1 target, remaining targets 9.

But yeah, I just want to get rid of it. It just fucks up the chat and important messages to the commander won't get through because of that shit spam.

14. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

Yes, please remove target spam chat spam!