Regain Equipment After Revive

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Jn., Jul 1, 2006.

1. Jn.

Jn. Member

Can I please have my ammo and nades back after I am revived o_0 I hate having full ammo, dying, and then not having enough ammo to fight once I'm revived.

2. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I wish that what you had when you died, you have when you revive.

3. Tarantio

Tarantio Member

4. Sheepe

Sheepe Member

I usually have no ammo when I die and then am revived. Plus, you can change classes from reviving

-Sheepe

5. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

the bug here, is:
    1. you respawn with default weapons and ammo
    2. you respawn in any class you picked after having died but before resurrection
    3. you must be ressed in the place where you died, not where ever your corpse has been flung.

solution:
    1. your corpse, until you respawn maintains the amount of amunition that it had when it dies.
    2. you lock your class in place until you truely respawn

3. when dead, the dead player's computer tells the server the corpses central velocity and direction that it died in, as according to the dead player's computer. this is uploaded up to the server and the other computers running in the server. all of these get this data and position the body as the CPU of the other computers see fit, but it will be approximately in the same place as on everyone's computers. thus, it does not give the lag that is created by exactly mapping where the body has gone, but will give everyone a general idea of where the corpse is, especially for those wishing to stag the corpse and more importantly, people trying to res you.

------------------

this is very important to get fixed in order to polish the game.

-----------------

I would personally like it if the players were res'd with only ONE QUATER health. as there is an engineer nearby, they can still be healed further. this just represents the fact that when you resusitate people, they do not come back with full health.

also:

a res timer? you go up to the corpse, start to res it and the bar goes up until the player pops up again. this will be very posible if the players can know the exact position of the corpse they are trying to res.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2006
  6. Jkun

Jkun Ban Hammer Manor Ruler

I think this is a situation where we should sacrifice realism for gameplay purposes. Revive is already incredibly powerful, and if I had my way, I'd prefer it if the soldier revived lost all of his equipment. It'd especially help handicap the spammage a team of reviving Engies causes.

7. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I wouldn't mind this sort of thing in the form that if you got res'd, you had to find your gun lying somewhere on the ground.

whoa! i just had a great idea: what if all classes can drag those that are dead on their own side. this means that a rifleman can run out, grab his teamate and pull him behind cover so the engineer can res him and heal him.

8. NobleDragon

NobleDragon Member

I wouldnt mind this. Oh and i say NO to the 1/4 health rez. Ever died to turret fire and have an engy risk his own life to rez you. It takes a second or two to get oriented and dash behind some cover, which leaves you hurting quite a bit even from one turret. Ive played some district games where there were 4+ lvl 3 mg turrets at the middle and riflemen were getting mowed down in less then 2sec of sustained fire. It would be pointless to rez them if they came back with a quarter health.

9. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Yes, it's already difficult enough to get in cover after being Res'd. Maybe take out some weopons or ammo, but I don't think 1/4 health is needed. Then there wouldn't really be a point to being res'd, unless you thought you had a chance of survivial :/

10. GIGAR

GIGAR Member

The sulution is fairly simply: Don't die ;)

11. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Isn't that such as an equilevant to "don't play"? :P

12. Jn.

Jn. Member

Basically......

13. theBlind

theBlind Member

I disagree - a soldier should revive with the equipment and ammo he had.
    Think about it: if that spammer from your example died, he had usually used up his grenades, thus *not* receiving free ones.

If he didn't spam, then and only then will get have grenades to fight with.

14. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I like revive as it is, I do hope that someday, people can drag dead players, on their team or the others (dragging the enemy wouldn't have that much strategic importance really, but it's a nice effect and I don't see it being a coding problem).

As I already said, what you die with, you res with.

15. Nutnoze

Nutnoze Member

What you die with should be what you res with, but here is a sudgestion for the health debate
    I was playing a game recently where they had a "medic pack", when you had it fully charged you could revive somebody, BUT they only had the smallest sliver of health, but then the medic pack could heal them. Something like this could be good in game, being able to revive somebody and then having some time (1 min?) where you could heal him like you had the healing skill, the level of this is found by using res lvl + heal lvl. This would allow you to only be able to res somebody when you had cover, and not have the need for a "res bar" or anything, because if you resed him in the middle of a battle zone a stray bullet could take him down again. Yes this can be a pain, but please people, use common sence, you don't see medics in iraq running out into the middle of a battle and magically making a solider good as new instantly, it would just make it so when in the middle of battle whenever somebody died the engineer could go up and BAM they are good as new again...

16. Jn.

Jn. Member

Heh dragging bodies might end up like how it's done in the hidden :) For those of you who don't know what that's like, basically the dead ragdoll will be flailing around everywhere as if weighing but a few ounces :D

17. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

it would be done so that the corpse was really heavy, so the man dragging has to lift by armpits as in real life.

my point about the resing with 1/4 health is that it means that some people can't be resurected. it reflects real life, where reviving a person can't be done in the middle of gunfire.

Most players are impatient. very impatient, and that's talking to every player reading this post. furthermore, only 1/3 - 1/2 of midgame engy's are going to have revive, and you need one nearby in order to be resed. what I'm getting at is that reviving could and should be done more often, but isn't because people prefer to respawn and start running.

18. Slithzerikai

I don't see a game as a valid game unless it hits 45 minutes, dare call me impatient.

19. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

also if you were dragging a corpse then it should probably act as a bullet shield too :0)

would it make sense to have some sort of limit on revive either based on damage or time or something? e.g. if you really make sure someone is dead and give them 10,000 points of damage over 15 min (you really didnt like them) they dont suddenly pop up when you get bored...

ok thats unlikely and pointless.

20. Slithzerikai

Use one as a shield, then revive it, that'd be gold!