Reflective... make it more reflectivy

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ViroMan, Dec 25, 2014.

1. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

I propose that reflective 'negates' some % of dmg from some dmg types such as MG's and rail no matter the angle received from.

Angling your tank to reflect enemy rounds is silly and unintuitive. Unless you know how to use it (only forum people do) then its a useless heavy armor. Even then its easily negated by someone who sees that your are angling your tank at them and they figure it out and counter your counter.

Sure empires is about throwing common sense out the window often but, in doing so you also throw out intuitive things and confound new players until someone who has advanced knowledge dangles this bit of intelligence to the poor bastards.

Having the tank negate specific dmg types that make sense make it intuitive. It makes sense that a reflective armor can reflect AT-MG better then other armor types. It makes sense that a Rail shot that has no explosive can be reflected by an armor made to reflect non explosive rounds. Of course the armor takes damage in reflecting it by shattering a bit so your still taking damage.

2. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Tank hitboxes aren't even close to being fair. It'd be a massive buff to BE.

3. ViroMan

so.. NF light tanks are fair vs BE anything else? NF OP missile spam is fair to BE.. anything? NF fucking skyscraper barracks is fair compared to BE barracks? I am not bashing you on these.. im just saying shit isn't even remotely trying to be fair in empires.

Anyways how is it a buff to just BE? Please explain since, I have no clue about the hit boxes of the tanks.

4. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Lights take a competent driver to fully utilise the nimbleness. Missiles spam only hits buildings and tanks up close. You can't move your base, but you can move your tanks and enemy tanks to prevent them from getting their dream setup going. NF barracks might be easier to hit, but most shots land in situations where a BE barracks would also be hit.

Also reflective is already good, people will use its feature unintentionally since everyone drives around a lot and shots pretty much always come at wonky angles. The buff is not necessary.

5. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

It sounds like if you go this route, which you can easily, you'd have to make it have a weakness to explosive stuff. Do you want that type of game play though?

6. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Just by their hitboxes, BE tanks accidentally use sloped armor whereas NF tanks are just a vintage-style box.

The bottom line is that if both teams used reflective armor, then BE would always benefit because of the way their hitboxes are shaped.

7. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

I was hoping of actually seeing the armor reflect shots in random directions.

I think it would be more fun if reflective armor reflected shots back at people for an unpredictable effect.
    But I don't think that can be done.

8. ViroMan

I didn't put it down but, I did want reflective to be weak to explosives.

why would NF use reflective against BE unless they have rails or using AT-MG's? One of BE's main weapons is HE cannon so, unless the other team has some strategy, using reflective when they are using HE cannon is suicide.

9. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

That would only lead to your own guys getting hit instead, unless you mean it magically somehow makes projecticles go 180, even though, you know except for rails and mgs we have no kinetic penetrators, its all explosive.

10. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Yeah, that would be awesome.
    I don't care how stupid it would be.

11. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Then it sounds like rubber armor not reflective

12. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Now all we need is a comedic sound effect.

13. ViroMan

omg... we need this as the sound effect.

[YOUTUBE]hoS1MCF8AeI[/YOUTUBE]