Red vs Blue > Brown vs Gray

Discussion in 'Art' started by Vessboy, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Satanchild666

Satanchild666 Banned

We all love them, 1 for each class :D

2. GoodGame

GoodGame Member

I second this. But then that bare-naked arm will probably need some kind of camoflauge on it. Or maybe just make that arm+glove just one long, black, neoprene sleeve.

3. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

[​IMG]

Ok every one make an Itemized list of what they want changed on each charicter.
    NFR:
    BER:
    NFS:
    BES:
    NFE:
    BEE:
    NFG:
    BEG:

4. Satanchild666

Satanchild666 Banned

These look so much better compared what we currently have...

It would be great if someone could actualy model these and place them in the game...

I would make infantry combat look awesome...

EDIT: Can you make each of them having their own weapon?
    Rifleman - NF Heavy Rifle/BE Asault Rifle
    Scout - Scout Rifle
    Engineer - SMG 2
    Grenadier - Rocket Launcher

That would be awesome...

5. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

BEs - fine as is
    NFs - needs to be dirtier. tears in the uniform? not sure what i mean but i mean it

BEr - the hankie on his leg is a bit strange. get rid of it and he is perfect
    NFr - more armor

both engies are great as is

BEg - needs a helmet and get rid of the snot rag
    NFg - those belt pouches either need to be big enough to hold mines/morter shells or just be scrapped and give him a backpack.

all of them are great. as for which to do a detailed drawing of; i say anything but the engies. nothing wrong with them but they have less flare than the rest (as they should).

6. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

No, that looks like a tanksman's headdress. Keeps your noggin somewhat comfortable as it bangs against steel while you ride around.

I was more thinking of something like this.

Also something that might work is an assault helmet, though they might look a bit too modern.

7. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

8. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Sorry, these are just off the top of my head...I lost concentration before getting it down :rolleyes:

NFR: The fins? Or is that the wrong drawing. Soften it into plates if it is..
    BER: Fine

NFS: Think about a balaclava mebbe...yeah it's not the best suggestion. Dull the buttons and do up the top button (fold it up).
    BES: It's good...at most i'd say mebbe some slashes of black along the arms.

NFE: Toolbelt?
    BEE: Toolkit/belt?

NFG: Larger pouch (although I did notice they were enlarged already) - to hold RPG ammoz. One is for mines isn't it? That's a nice touch really.
    BEG: Less "artic explorer" more...er..? I think if you replace the "bedroll" look at the top of the back to be poking up on only one side (instead of both)? Maybe put the kerchief over a mine pouch?

The more I look at them, the more I get to like them, tbh :)

9. SupaChupa

SupaChupa Member

i like the distinct styles lol nf may not have equal tech. but man they have flair lol

10. Jackman

Jackman Member

I like them, for the most part.

I think distinct thematic styles are paramount. Whoever said NO OBVIOUS colours has been playing too many WWII games. These models have very little colour on their uniforms compared to , say, TF2.

This topic should coincide with the infantry topic (mainly the silhouettes discussion.)

http://forums.empiresmod.com/showthread.php?t=9276&page=7

And post all the images so far in the OP.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
  11. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

If the thread title is red vs blue > brown vs grey, why is the majority colour on all of these models either black or grey?

Currently we have reddish brown vs bluish grey, I think that's better than grey vs grey with ridiculously saturated bits of cloth stuck on in a couple of places.

12. zenarion

zenarion Member

Diversifying classes is good, but please don't work against camouflage patterns and such, since Infantry already has a hard time hiding in Empiers, with stompy tanks driving around squishing us little guys half the time.

13. Jackman

Jackman Member

OR else make infantry have a little flair and then add the dodge ability where your char does a barrel roll.

14. V3N0M

V3N0M Member

I thought the NF were supposed to resemble russian soldiers. And a good place to put the team colors would be as a thick horizontal stripe on each shoulder.

15. Jackman

Jackman Member

Our just add a model of a vodka bottle afixed to their characters.