Recycling should award points

Discussion in 'Implemented' started by Xyaminou, Aug 28, 2016.

1. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i have no clue what you are talking about ...

2. Avatarix

Sorry, new keyboard.
    Counter for getting points for repearing would be shared between all classes. So engies would still get more points, but other classes could still contribute to that.
    Points for everyone.

3. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

KISS - there is absolutely no reason not to use the same exact mechanic as for engineers (1 points for x health, think its 100, built/repaired) empires is obscure enough anyways.

also i fail to see what a new keyboard has to do with the contents of your post. i typo more than enough to not nitpick bc of orthography.

4. Avatarix

i got new keyboard on the phone, and it has very weird layout (minuum), also sleepy

5. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

I would say points for 100 charge, I don't see any reason to have it give less points than building. Keep in mind that as far as farming points goes, there are much easier ways.

After a bit of testing, I don't believe that all values were doubled. Recycling a 1.4k res heavy tank used to give 700res, now it gives 800res.
    Jeeps however, are fixed.
    60% is too much for a heavy, I would say.
    Lastly, APCs should probably be 25s, as they cost less than LTs/AFVs.

I still don't understand why there is a fixed recycle time, instead of a fixed amount of recycle per calculator charge. Making the time to recycle automatically vary depending on the initial cost.

6. Avatarix

Yeah, was just thinking to write this. Something around 6res/1charge?

7. Smithy

Smithy Developer Staff Member Administrator

I just can't justify rewarding 2.4 points per heavy, as always we can iterate on this in the future. At 150 you get 1.6 points per heavy, which I think is okay. Recycling 1 full APC and 1 full heavy = 2 points OR 2 full heavies = 3.1 points.

Yeah I worked on it really late (always a bad idea) and somewhere along the line I confused myself when writing my commit messages -> and then the change log. (I'll fix the change log now... :S)
    It was adding resources to the team twice, the first addition was working as intended. The second wasn't even needed, and it was adding the first value multiplied by the recycle percentage (with another problem mixed into that calculation).

I think I'm going to tweak the percentages again, probably to 50% on all chassis; since that's logical and closer to 2.10.0
    Okay, I'll go with 25s

¯\_(ツ)_/¯