Rant about religions

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Zealoth, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Zealoth

Zealoth Member

Why the heck people who claim that they have reached ultimate understanding and core of the truth, lie as hell?

I'm so sick of those goddamn random pseudo-scientific shit, with words ripped out of context, lies. I read a lot about lot of things and what they say during school catechesis is just bullshit.

They ask you biased questions like this one (it's real): "What do you think about contraception and why is it wrong to use it?". Or they tell you to take an attitude towards purity and you get "I really care about person i love and i want to wait with sex till after marriage/I don't give a shit, just wanna fuck this bitch"

Why does it work that way?

2. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

RABLE RBALE RBALE RABlE

3. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

because people are ether powerhungry or herd mentality

4. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

while i understand real atheists and respect their believes (or rather lack of them) , i really hate when people are being assholes to religions on the net just to be cool in eyes of their idols, mostly other retards.

I agree that some of the religion leaders have some really old and bony beliefs (creationims? cmon..), but its not really a good basis for insulting the whole community for being blind stupid followers (some really are)

5. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

at the very basics, almost every religious person trusts his life on things that he would normally consider silly

the only people with religious beliefs that make sense are the ones that do believe creationism and all that extreme stuff, since they are just so deluded that they reject science and knowledge altogether.

6. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

whats religions

7. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

What the hell are you on about? Honestly I didn't get any of that.

8. Z100000M

It's not the religions that are deluded, its the (mostly) old people who are the leaders and therefore they are unable to understand newly discovered facts

9. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

baloney

they dont want to understand and would prefer it that everyone does not want to understand

religion has been keeping people dumb for thousands of years and it was not because some old guys in charge had xenophobia

its because power in a religion mostly comes from keeping people in check, and preventing them from "turning away from the flock" any way possible

religion in my eyes is the most repulsive social construct there is, bearing resemblance to a cancer or cyst on the body of humanity

10. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Delusion is fun, everyone should be deluded.

11. Castrol GTX

Castrol GTX Member

People drown their babies in bathtubs. People commit genocide. People think they matter. People fuck like bunnies. People beat their wives. People get high and write poetry. People are Republicans. People do stupid shit and always will, I don't care what they believe in, or why.

12. o_O

o_O Member

People believe what they prefer to be true. Science is hard and saying "because god said so" is easy.

God of religion X is a loving compassionate god that created the universe and made it look like he doesn't exist. He hates most of the people he created and so is going to return any day now to send them all to hell and reward one specific sect of one specific faith. How do you explain that, or reconcile the logical contradictions or disprove science? You don't but believe it anyway and call it faith. Problem solved.

13. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

Is it really that hard not too care about others beliefs?

14. Z100000M

/filler

15. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

religion is a cancer, and besides for small parts of culture and folclore it adds nothing beneficial to society that would not be there without religion

i do not feel like i need to prove my statements, you ether accept this as fact, or start to lie to yourself in my opinion, i'd explain why but...
    its just that i dont want to type 1k words about it

if you can give bullshit reasons and expect to be taken serious, then so can i

16. RKB53

RKB53 Member

I agree completely

But I'm Agonistic.

17. Z100000M

Now thats exactly what i said in my first post,

you will flame the hell out of them, rather than giving at least ONE good argument, that will be logical ,serious and rational (and not containing curse words)

also if you believe that religions are the cancer, then i cant imagine how you think terrorism,, politics, aids and other shit look like.

funny thing is that you are utterly convinced that you are right, yet you are using swears, that indicate that its bollocks ,:D

side note: its a rank about religions not what i do/think, so stay on topic

18. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

im gonna make it short, i was not talking to you in specific, nor whatever you do in your free time/real life

your point about terrorism etc seems silly to me, politics has kinda to do with religion, and terrorism is just plain politics (we dont like what you do so we blow you up etc)

religion mostly is just abused to make for bad politics (lets all vote for this because "god" wants it, well actually the guys in power want it and tell everyone that "god" wants it but meh just do as you are told) and create the determination you need to get people to blow themselves up

your stance of including aids is just wrong, aids has very few to do with religion, its a terrible disease only made worse by the stupidity of people for not wearing condoms and the criminal insanity of leading figures spraying bullshit for personal gain

19. Castrol GTX

Castrol GTX Member

Being Agnostic is just being too afraid to say your an Athiest. No reasonable athiest should (though some would) ever say they know there is no God, and if they accept that they don't know then they must accept the possibility.

Plus, it only ever comes up in conversation like this:

"...Oh does that mean your an Athiest?"
    "No, actually I'm an 'Ag-Naws-stic'"

With heavy emphasis on it making you sound like a fag.

20. Zealoth

Zealoth Member

I don't care about any religions unless they go and fuck with my life. As in school cathehesis or retarded laws Catholic Church is trying to push through (im not speaking about abortion, i think it should stay banned unless pregnancy is dangerous to mother's life/pregnancy is abnormal/ girl was raped, just to clarify) BUT for fuck sake, ban invitro saying you should make babies when you turn 18?

And i wasn't speaking about 9999 years old people who go little mad in religious stuff. I thought about 30 years old cathehesis teacher who lies and manipulates us, showing sources which are fake but made to look reliable.
    And they are supposed to be the good, truthtelling guys.

Fact: You want proof that evolution theory is a lie? How could it be so important when Darwin never got Nobel prize?