Random Suggestion: Bio + Stamina

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Ikalx, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

This is quite random, but could work in a sorta "this could save all our troops from ghey bio without the need to reduce how effective it is!"

The idea is basically; if you have a full stamina bar, you can remove the bio effect at the cost of that stamina.

To do this you'd have to remove the bio effect of reducing stamina and making it fairly impossible for troops to get anywhere to get healed unless pinned next to their barracks/armoury or in an "engy huddle".

Pros:
    • Infantry don't die as much
    • Still pretty hard to live with aids
    • Bio doesn't need a nerf

Cons:
    • Bio gets the ridiculous stamina effect removed
    • Countermeasure needs a deployment mechanism and a sign to do it - e.g. "you are bio'd, press e to use full stamina bar to counteract" or in game environment terms "A biological agent has been detected in your system, activate your nano defense/adaptive immunity to purge your system." Or something like that.
    • Bio still kills people, alot.
    • You can always get re-bio'd if yer unlucky/brainless.
    • Opens up "stamina bar" for use as things like bioelectrical energy etc. Might make it more useful.

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I honestly think this would be pretty overpowered and a bit difficult to implement, but I'm still for removing the stupid stamina aspect of bio. Idk, let's see what other people think.

3. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Difficult to implement probably, but I don't think overpowered - it takes about 5-10 seconds to regenerate your stamina bar, right? The main reason you would use your stamina to remove the bio effect is if you couldn't get to an armoury or engy. Therefore I could say with a degree of logical certainty that your foe would be free to bio you again, should you fail to conceal yourself properly.

That and you'd still have the health you'd lost before you used this ability - most of us are running and jumping around on the battlefield anyway, this (and i'm not saying you're wrong) in my opinion would give people a fighting chance against bio.

4. Empty

Empty Member

I just feel bio should lose the stamina drain.
    The DoT is pretty nasty on it's own, when you can't run anywhere (and in fact even tapping shift slows you down tenfold) it becomes an unfun weapon.

Fire in TF2 works fine without a ridiculous slowdown, why should our DoT do it?

5. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Can't really disagree with you there, but i'm always thinking there's a reason it hasn't been removed? I mean, if the problem didn't exist I wouldn't be making suggestions to solve it, while keeping an obviously favoured mechanic in.

Right?