Random Ideas for 2014

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Ikalx, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Smg1 is good? what? It sucks monkey balls. When i go engy, i either go with the derp shooting smg2 that at least can do something in close fights. On anything longer than an arms reach i always get the feeling im better of using the pistol.

Also, about the weapons back in the day.. Bear2 didnt instagib. Nope.

2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

while your at changing classes give engi a default revive which brings you back with 25-50% of health and drains all battery - more revive, better game, thx.

or you know what, scrap scunt, create medic - but i know, "its too cliche, we are empires we do things differently just because" :rolleyes: (sry ^^)

3. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Yeah, it's the same with turrets. I'm tired of noobs going, "why can't I upgrade my turret?" or "how did you bring that guy back to life?"

4. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

SMG1 rules.

Y u no like my favorite wep0n?

5. Z100000M

Shit damage. Shit accuracy after like 2 shots. crap damage. Be model is just stupid.

6. ImSpartacus

I thought I was the only one that thought be smg1 looked like shit.

Comparably, nf smg1 looks pretty good.

7. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

It took me months before learning how to upgrade turrets. I thought that the game was intuitive and let you upgrade turrets when comm researched them.

8. ImSpartacus

The first thing I did was look at each skill for each class, so I didn't have that issue.

But I can definitely see why someone would think that, especially if you'd seen a com research upgraded turrets in the past.

9. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I didn't place cameras for 3 months because I didn't want to have to deal with looking at a video feed, so I only ever placed radars.

10. Trickster

I didn't really intend on changing the infantry scripts though. I'm of the opinion that it'll require a major overhaul to do something more interesting with them, and given that Orangebox totally changed the way weapons were handled last time around, I'm reluctant to do a major infantry overhaul for this version when the Source 2013 port might totally change everything up again. Even small changes to things like hit detection can totally throw everything off. I'm still fairly sure that the absurd-tier weapons we had in 2.12 were only balanced by horrendous hit detection.

As for vehicles and stuff, I don't really have much of an excuse, they need to get done. I keep telling myself I want to add the extra weapons in though, which is what I really shouldn't be wasting time with. I've had the draft scripts on my PC for about 6 months, they just need tidying up and I could probably commit them in about 30 minutes. I'm going away on holiday very shortly, but I'll try to get them done when I get back.

11. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Ah, I mentioned scripts because Ikalx was talking about vehicles and how apcs and light tanks are kinda moot for separate reasons. I personally don't really see a problem with infantry weapons currently. Well maybe be pistol2 feels like a straight upgrade but its a very minor thing.

It is neat to hear how much engine changes can mess with the scripts though. I didn't think it would affect things so much.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  12. Trickster

Theoretically, it shouldn't have a great deal of effect on vehicles. Orangebox fucked with the physics a lot but Candles has said that the 2013 upgrade doesn't seem to have messed with them much. But in terms of everything else, I don't think research or vehicles are at risk of being affected. With any luck, infantry weapons are ok as well, but I might as well be sure before I do anything there.

13. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

new hats confirmed

14. Z100000M

How the fuck can research be broken?
    Its probably a timer with a tier system that unlocks stuff after it runs out.
    Im not an authority here, but im pretty sure even a chimpanzee could code that. What is there to get broken?

15. ImSpartacus

I thought cameras were controlled by the commander and gave him a view of the battlefield. I placed them on hills out in the open.

16. Trickster

I just said it wasn't broken.

17. Z100000M

Well hurp durp reading comprehension fail.