Questions on a few things.

Discussion in 'Coding' started by Lazybum, Jan 20, 2015.

1. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

you get significantly more HP per gear. If your total torque is higher then 1.

2. ViroMan

lol so I went to try out your script. Crash. lol i duno why. just strait up CTD with no error.

3. ViroMan

so like... here is the changes I promised...

don't forget to either remove the extra weight I put on the tank or edit the turn on spot speed in the other tank script.

Attached Files:

4. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

ARRRRRRRRGH, I totally forgot that you can make engines faction specific.
    OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH

Man I had the solution to a problem ages ago and never realized it, man this sucks so much. Well now I can fiddle with things in fun ways again.

5. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Does actually work? I've never thoroughly tested the faction-specific functionality in all areas, but I know it's spotty.

6. ViroMan

I remember I tried it once... it crashed when I tried it. But, I didn't put any effort into it after that. I just gave up after first try.

7. Lazybum

Crap, you guys are right it just crashes to desktop. I thought it would work due to the commanders using different engines, but apparently that property doesn't carry over.

I did try a few things, but it didn't seem to matter they all crashed.

8. Lazybum

Anyone know how to raise a vehicle without touching wheelsize or springconstant? I need it for science, and to save myself from a headache.

Also thank goodness for old ass pointless ramblings. Held one of the answers I needed.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  9. ViroMan

trying to make hover boats I see... editing the QC file will do it the same way as changing wheel size but, you can get more out of it. Your just telling it the wheel is much lower then what it is showing. It probably would looking fucked up if we had things hooked up properly. It would try to draw an stretched out axle n shit but, since we don't do things properly around here you should be good. Ask spart how to do it. I never messed with QC files much.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  10. Lazybum

I haven't the foggiest of where the hell that is, searching for it always comes up empty.

Suspension work is killing me, tiny changes make life hard.

11. 101010

101010 Member

Or you could offset the attachment point of the wheels. As that should be what the physics wheels are set by. So if you place the wheel attachments lower it should make the vehicle sit higher while keeping the wheels you see on the ground.

12. Lazybum

It became a moot point anyway, things ended up needing to be sorted out. I hate this crap so much.

Just how many things affect oversteering anyway? Hah, a fat ass is all I needed.

13. ViroMan

Trust me lazy... it ALL does.
    Acceleration, current speed, steering rate factor, steering speed drop when turning, weight, tire grip, anti-torque settings, rotation speed hard caps, if skid is even allowed, and forced opposite spin.

Ohh and material you are driving on. The material can be changed to give great grip. I changed the material to give Superman style jump skills. I could literally leap over half the map without altering gravity... I didn't survive the landing but, ya it is doable.