Question Regarding Lua

Discussion in 'Coding' started by TheCreeper, Mar 8, 2014.

1. TheCreeper

TheCreeper Member

Why is it that half of the Lua (5.1) functions in the docs are not recognized by the Lua interrupter? I can't use useful things like os.time() for example without it failing. I had a look in _G and it appears as if there is quite a few things missing.

The lack of documentation for empires Lua too is horrible; the only way to find out what something does is to get clues from the Lua bindings source file and/or the error messages.

2. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Because it was mostly coded in for just a few specific things. Like emp_tutorial, something about research and emp_minigames_makes_you_cry (look at the lorddz folder in lua for some uses for lua).

3. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

It really should be worked on. Getting lua into a more complete state could really make things interesting. Of course after the full conversion to 2013 source.

4. TheCreeper

TheCreeper Member

I talked with Candles briefly on the weekend about the Lua problems I was having and he did not sound too optimistic about Lua; it sounded as if fixing/working on Lua is at the absolute bottom of the todo list.

Is Lua even going to make it into the port?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  5. Silk

Silk Mapper

The port will just be a port, if it isn't in there now, it's not gonna be in there after