question on ML's/ file location

Discussion in 'General' started by ANGRY Shaved Whale, Feb 7, 2007.

1. ANGRY Shaved Whale

ANGRY Shaved Whale Member

I been doing some playing around to help with the turret spaming, and one of the things I want to do is change the turret price. Say from 100 to 200 res, also adjest the research time to make it little slower. Since the new updates turrets have been more and more popular. So my thinking is to slow down turrets and this will help on the artil problem (so many artil tanks).

I was looking around and I found the reasearch file for the times and costs located in the scripts folder (research_items.txt). Also I looked in the vehical damage file thinking it might be in there, but no go there.

This does not make sense to me where it could be, I hope it is not in a res or dll file. Any idea where this could be?

BTW I dont want to hear belly aching and complaining... This is purely infomational...(maybe implmented later)

Thanks
    Whale

EDIT: If this gets flamed, can a forum admin delete the post...

Last edited: Feb 7, 2007
  2. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

In research_items, there's a line called "Upgraded Turrets Lvl 2", this controls both MG and ML upgrades, the third upgrade is right beneath it. Change the cost setting to change the actual cost.
    In the future, if the scripts are still in use, the AA turret upgrades will also be from these two research items.

3. ANGRY Shaved Whale

ANGRY Shaved Whale Member

yes i knew that far, but what i am getting at is the cost when the command places the turrets... the research is fine for me... its more in the lines of cost per turret.

4. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

I don't think you can edit the cost of individual turrets.