qq haschte ban me qq

Discussion in 'General' started by Freaknovich, Aug 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I've seen worse.

2. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Wow I can't believe this. The player who unbalances the most games gets the book thrown at one of the few guys who's main goal is to play fair in this game. I have played many hundreds of hours with Haschtewas and I have seen him more often then not play by holding back and not pushing. Because if he pushed he would totally annihilate anyone else and empty servers. He tries to give the other team a chance, but he expects the same fair treatment. The only way you can beat him is by unbalancing +2 players against him. So you complain when he tries to do something about it then remove his admin rights. I think that is totally unfair.

Admins have NO ability to make this game fair. Players can play all they want. The one command we have is team_switch and we can't use it because people complain, even if we do it within the rules of the 30 seconds prior to the game starting. How are we able to determine if a team is unbalanced within 30 seconds as people join.

There are two things I propose that should be allowed:
    1) Allow admins to stop the clock. We'll wait until teams are balanced before allowing the game to start. We won't force you to change - but prod you to do the right thing.
    2) Do not show the team players on NF or BE at the start of the game. Only show the number of players on each team. You can still organize with your friends what team to join but you can not see there are 3 nubs on NF until you join. You can guess or be a crappy person and join then go spec, but most players will join and stick with their choices or be branded obvious stackers.

We have to many players, OP being one of them, that constantly unbalance on purpose. They are also the first to quit if anyone counter balances against them. It is never fun playing with these people, and it ruins the game.

Right now the number one issue is stacks.

Oh and the same people that are doing this to Haschte have also been the ones who pushed the most fair and active admin out of this game - AzK. So you get what you deserve.

3. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

There are better ways to handle issues than this. Can I request this thread get removed? I think we all know what direction this is going.

Grounds:
    1.01- No public flaming of any forum member
    1.02- Personal grudges or grievances with another forum member will be kept to personal messages.
    1.03- No harassment of another forum member, publicly or through the private message service.

One of those definitely applies, two of them will probably apply very shortly.

4. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

If all 3 of those were enforced I wouldn't have to use the ignore feature.

And I would have been banned for shit talking FN and spamming his clan thread with chicken gifs.

The only shit I see enforced is nothing 18+, no spamming, no report button spamming, and no Voldemort pasting.
    Everything else is free game.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  5. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I hope you are not joking because Haschte is definitely one of the most serious player in this game. He almost never holds back.
    He's just way less influencing on comm maps, much unlike his performance on infantry maps.

Also I'd like to bring up a point.
    It's definitely good to kick the stacked team in the ass and watch them rage.
    But it's really not good to punish the winning team, when it's not stacked.
    I did both quite a lot of times, but still.

6. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

JGF likes to talk out of his ass if that wasnt clear already.

7. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I'd like to repeat Senior's request.

8. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Not even Destroyer gets banned anymore. :(

9. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

The only way to get banned is to annoy a person with banning power, and they aren't annoyed at all by this thread.

10. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

I bet they enjoy it, like sadistic prison guards.

11. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Vicki seems like a great server host, helping the game with a reliable American server and always being ready to help anyone wanting to host a scrim/pug with her backup server. Literally the only problem I have ever had with any of her decisions was giving DaRip397, or whatever his name is, admin power, because he is 16, has a voice that literally makes his team leave the game, and abuses the absolute living fuck out of his privileges in any way he can. But other than that in all these years Vicki has been aight.

12. Neoony

Neoony Member

I have to agree.
    He also never stepped in when there was an opportunity to use the powers for the right reasons. He pretty much always ignored them and seemed affraid to solve any issues like that.
    Seen that happen too many times, always been asking why does he even have admin powers.

------
    heh, good read :rolleyes:

13. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Its hard to sympathize with somebody who made me ghost people for him, and then mic spams whenever he wants.

Vicki does a fine job, its just you and spike will cry about anything and everything instead of do anything about it.
    You could have easily requested an audience but spurged like a child instead.

14. Drag0wn

Drag0wn Member

I was there for the game Freak mentioned, and of course he misrepresented what happened. This is what actually happened.

The game (Dune) started out with Brentor, myself, and two noobs NF, and 5 vets/semi-vets (people who knew what they were doing) on BE. Brentor commed for us, but from the start I had to carry my whole team in the field and it was impossible to hold onto refs - I couldn't be everywhere at once and the two nubs on my team didn't help, not to mention that we were outnumbered. We (NF) were pushed back into our corner early on and struggled to expand out the whole game.

At this point, Freak joined the game and went spec. Since my team was losing, no way he's gonna join us. Then Haschte joins, goes spec, sees my team is down a player and losing, and joins us. As you might expect, Freak immediately joins BE now that a playerslot is open.

To top it off, freak does jeep gren rushes on our main. I know that's not a rule violation or anything, but the spawn killing and rax mines got the nubs on our team to ragequit. The game is now 6v3, but I'd call it a 5v2 because commanders don't really count. Haschte calls for a rebalancing of the teams, which only makes sense because being more than 2x outnumbered in the field prevents any holding action of refineries (or main, really).

However, Freak just starts swearing in chat about how we should just take it and Haschte bans him for (oh lord!) 10 minutes.

This thread doesn't deserve to exist, and Haschte didn't need to lose his admin (it helps a lot when there are only a few people on the server and it's night here in NA). Freak is just making drama.

15. 101010

101010 Member

Pics or it didn't happen. J/k

If the round was so bad why not rtv. Or just put up a map vote?
    Getting rolled then wanting someone to switch to your team is never going to happen.
    it's better just to end a map at that point. Then things could have been balanced at the start of a new map. Brentor and Haschte combined count as at least 5 people.
    If one of them was com then that was the problem. So if freak would have joined your team then that would also be stacking.

From what people are saying it was just a bad round, too big of a map, and people over reacting.
    A ban for swearing even if only 10 mins. Is a bit much.
    Haschte kind of has a way of pissing people off. It's not always what he does but how he does it and how he says things. Like someone else said already he takes this game too seriously . Low pop games will never be balanced and you can't always believe the noobs are noobs. Like me I have a script that generates a new name every time I start "steam".

16. complete_

complete_ lamer

wait hastche lost his admin?

i believe i called dibs on it, vicki

17. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Security - he plays at the level of the team he is opposing. I'm sure you and others experience his full game play. Look at !stats on viper and you'll see he has no reason to hold back when you are playing. I think he plays harder on COM maps than on infantry maps. For example he won't capture flag points on infantry maps - when other team has proven to be too easy.

I can tell you from my attempts to fix stacks - there is nothing admins can do that will not enrage players, cause complaints, and cause Vicki to scold those people causing players to be upset. We do not have autonomy, and rightfully so. There has to be a better idea to avoid stacks than pushing people around.

I think the "Stop this noise" approach, of pausing the game and telling guys "Please someone unstack" then unpause is a potential fix, but certainly can cause some people to get upset. But also not seeing who is on each side when you join mid game can help avoid stacks. You would see everything as is now when joined, but not prior to joining a team. Both are valid ideas.

Please take your head out of my ass, and you'll have a different perspective.

And I wanted to quote you Drag since Vicki has to see this:

Also this is all Freak does anymore - jeep spams the main base and runs through barracks punching nubs. Easy to defeat but he gets some odd form of pleasure from it.

Haschte has every right to be pissed. I hope he doesn't quit since he has helped train quite a few guys go from mid level player to higher. I hope Vicki fixes this injustice.

101010 - people do take this game seriously. And those who don't occasionally are raged for not playing seriously. I think most people play this game seriously. But you get those guys who like to stick it to the man by exploiting weaknesses in the game.

I just played a game with four nubs and one decent player vs six decent players. The six decent players started rushing scouts into our base and I just stood there typing "Really - is this how you want to destroy us, because you will win, although you could do it with some sense of decency rather than sneaking around our base shooting nubs.". The COM (Creeper) told his team to stop it, and they continued. We died within five minutes and no one enjoyed the game. If Scout had the PUNCH skill, Freak would spend his whole game crawling into RAX's.

18. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

But scouts do have the punch skill.

19. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

I do not often agree with JGF on much of anything, but I have to agree with his and Drag0wn's account of matters. Haschte, in my experience, has consistently been both a fair and reasonable admin, as well as a player who invariably displays a fair sense of sportsmanship by helping the losing/disadvantaged team. I do not know much about Freak, and so I shall not hurl imprecations against him, but the allegation that he stacked this game does not at all surprise me.

I do not think that it is fair that Haschte has lost his admin. I am not sure who is even left on Viper with admin - last night, we tried to kick somebody in a 7v7 match on district because he was griefing his own team with smoke nades, but we couldn't do anything, because no admin was on.

20. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Haschte doesn't stack as much as the majority of this community, there's no doubt.

Still, he's a very serious player.
    I played with/against/spec Haschte for a lot of times, he really never holds back. You can't possibly get him to fuck around. Regardless of his opponent, he would almost always try his best to achieve victory.
    Just so you know Haschte rages at newbs too.
    He likes infantry maps, he'd actually try to NOT end the round, when the result is pretty obvious.

All in all he's not a bad guy, generally I have nothing against him.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.