Pug - Saturday 29th 21:00 GMT/4pm EST/1pm PST

Discussion in 'General' started by PredatoR[HUN], Dec 28, 2012.

1. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

Shit, I completely forgot about that isle match, but the game had become so pub-like at that point that I must have confused it with another round.

2. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

This makes me doubt you had any idea what was going on with the matches.
    When myself (apc) and predator (com) went on what essencialy is a kamikaze rush, nf had NOTHING. We lost the main to a push from nw several minute before. No tech structures, not even a single rax. Everyone was stranded on the hill east of nf's main, with one ref , cv and a vanilla apc. We were boned. Now the nf kept bitching about me not going directly after the com at the hill entrance, but i was being chased by no less than 3 riflemen around, its a miracle i was able to drive up there anyway. I didnt have my mic on and wasnt able to type so I dont blame them for that, they couldnt know that.

you are probably mixing one match with another. Nf never had anything going on isle. It was a squash match.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  3. Spike

Spike Long Live The King!

it was such a bad pug.....

4. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

Yeah, NF didn't even have a radar/forward rax most of the time. The match went downhill fast...

5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I don't know how you got in that position. We took most of the map, and then got pushed back in pretty much every location. I'm sure A-z-K will vouch for this. Unless you guys pushed and just didn't drop any buildings, I can say with certainty that you had more than 50% of the map at one point. My squad had lost the south of our main, and on the opposite side, our guys were pushed back to the north-west island and lost a rax there.

6. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I'm starting to believe you misinterpreted the situation on isle. For me, your teammate, it was rather clear that we were in the lead for most of the game.

7. Felcis

Felcis Member

Speaking as someone who isn't a forum regular and only played a few test-version matches this year, I was really excited about playing a few good, organized matches again, especially after seeing the size of the teams. What followed was...kind of enjoyable in a certain way but also extremely dissappointing.

Don't get me wrong, I love this community with it's constant bickering, trolling and inside jokes that make pubbing and reading the forums so much more enjoyable. Yesterday however, in those supposedly "organized" games, it got annoying as fuck after a while. Having 25+ players in a team, of which at least 5 constantly tried to be funny and talk nonsense, did nothing to improve the communication. All I ended up doing was following the green/red star while performing the usual Empires routine, because executing any kind of coherent strategy on either squad- or team-level seemed almost impossible.

Overall I had a few good laughs (especially when Trickster almost lost it after our Engineers at first forgot to build walls around the CV in Mvalley) but from a gaming perpective it was severily lacking (and laggy...). I'll most likely do pubs more regulary now with the new official version out, but I'd prefer pugs in the future to be more organized and maybe a bit smaller.

Also yes: The game on Isle was one-sided the entire time. I came in a bit late because loading took forever, but establishing a forward rax in the west failed at least twice and it was a constant retreat after that.

8. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

I second Trickster, Isle was 50/50 at more than one point. Or it felt that way from the BE chair.
    I think that really it came down to something as stupid as who could get stuff built to be honest.

We did smash it early on in the NW because the second barracks in the far west allowed us to flank out a bit and spread our fire. But other than that we weren't really that strong anywhere because I remember really bitching about my unbuilt turrets there, because there was basically no where else I felt safe to flee to, which is why I built 2xrax&vf up there. At one point we lost our barracks and radar twice up there which stressed me out no end.

That said the NW is a pretty nice spot because you only have to hold one ladder from infantry. Those bridges make nice tight choke points you can wall off real easy to prevent APC rushes. Plus you are sitting with easy transit to 4 other refs.

A few people basically behaved like excited children and it kinda rubbed off.
    The tendency for early rushes wasn't really the problem, its the fact that from the offset a vocal few basically set the tone of the game to be complete chaos and it remained that way all round. Commanders never got a chance to properly discuss anything because idiots were mic spamming & leapfrogging squads for the first 2 minutes of wait time.

Everyone got kinda over excited. Its cool that everyone turned up, got to see a few old faces and stuff but I think really there needs to be some muting going on during vote time.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  9. Neoony

Neoony Member

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  10. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

I dont get why so many complain about apc's... just go grenadier and kill it. Most apc are dangerous because their are only 2-3 grenadiers on a 20+ team...

11. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I'll just thow in the fact that some people are just that good at driving apcs.
    I don't consider myself the best of drivers, as I have admitted multiple times to having a real problem with vehicle handling post-scripts, but either I am really good with tactics and dodgin or many "vets" are shit with the rpg. On isle match, hardly anyone could hit that shitty vanilla apc of mine. Its also kind of a fitting example to what mayama said in other thread. I got shot at when in the cauldron with the nf cv and in be main. No one shot at me when i was most exposed , when trying to get up the hill. No less than 3 dudes tried to sticky me, yet noone gave enough fucks to change the class.

Also, neony , thats not isle.
    It takes some real high to get the map name wrong. Three separate time.

12. Neoony

Neoony Member

lol...
    what a fail :o
    always had trouble with maps in emp

thank you Z100000M

*uploading the isle*

13. Neoony

Neoony Member