prone/lying down/whatever its called

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by AnRK, May 17, 2006.

1. AnRK

AnRK Member

is this gonna be included at any point? it seems like something that needs to be added if weapons like the MG are gonna be used properly or your going to be an effective sniper

2. TheGreatHegemon

TheGreatHegemon Member

1) THere is no sniper
    2) It's on the to do list.

3. Doggeti

Doggeti Former Developer

I'd like to see this implemented. My Q-key is still unused :P. No, seriously, could be very usefull for hiding from tanks or sneaking upon turrets.

4. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

my q key is lastinv :P

5. Jn.

Jn. Member

I'd like prone to be my z key, but of course everyone can bind it to what they want.

6. Half-Life_Maniac

Half-Life_Maniac Member

Am I the only one that feels this will just slow the game down more?

7. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

You're not the only one. I harbor reservations on the addition of prone-osity, and that reason is certainly part of it. I also think it would be kind of out of place in a RTS.

8. AnRK

AnRK Member

to be honest the scout pretty much is a sniper and i dont see why people are so arsey about the names been interchangeable.

anyway i think infantry need all the help they can get when the tanks etc start rolling in. say your an anti tank player and want to ambush some armour, i think something like this would make such a situation easier

plus the light MG is almost imposible to use for squad support as it only seems effective in close quaters combat which it almost certainly shouldnt be any good for

PLUS its an RTS based game and surely the whole point is that the game has plenty of time to develop

Last edited: May 22, 2006
  9. Mr Abominable Snowman

Mr Abominable Snowman Member

you know i dont know if i want prone; riflemen dug in is hard enough to hit properly, with all the curvature and largeness of the map prone i reckon will be massively overpowered

and i agree scouts are effectively snipers; who uses the scouts smgs? and the shots from their rifle is sniper powerful enough for me

10. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Scout rifle will probably be removed in later versions. Don't count on your friendly sniper to take out an entire engi team then :p

11. biggs voraf

biggs voraf Member

LOL but killing off an entire engi team by yourself is fun. I don't think the scoped rifle should be removed if it is going to be. Even though there are points in the match where snipers jsut become stupid and annoying, most of the time they help break up enemy strong points and keep the game going. (and no my favorite class is not scout, it's engi)

12. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

So you really love it when you get killed from incredible range and can't do absolute shit about it?

13. harrifer

harrifer Member

Can't do shit about it? What about using a scout rifle yourself? Or perhaps outflanking the sniper? The list is endless. Of course the long range rifle owns at long range, what the fuck did you think it was for?

14. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

It's meant for self defence and observation, not killing everything. Also, swearing at some of the most senior members here with your first post may not have been such a good idea :rolleyes:

Last edited: May 24, 2006
  15. biggs voraf

biggs voraf Member

No of course I don't like it when I get killed from far range (though never incredibly far away), but you can always just go around the sniper and kill him. Or jsut lob a grenade or a couple mortar shells and see what you hit the list goes on and on.

16. Gunnery Seargent Hartman

Gunnery Seargent Hartman Member

Oh well this got off topic a bit here ... but i'll write it anyways.

Currently the game is pretty much a battle of lameness.
    The lamer you are the higher your score (does of course not always apply).
    Overusing turrets increases chances for victory, so does nadespamming, mass sniping, mass Shelling, exploiting etc.
    Most people are up for any advantage they can get, and those that just want to have fun are forced to lame back, or loose.

I do NOT exactly NOT like this.. but i think it's not perfect.
    This is no bitching, its my point of view, .. might be slightly exaggerated and Map relating ;)

Last edited: May 24, 2006
  17. harrifer

harrifer Member

I was swearing to him, not at him.

18. Revolver

Revolver Member

Hartman, you know. There's a saying I came up with back in Counter-Strike. Old counter-strike mind you, not that thing they play now.

It was in reference to the noobstick. Do you remember what that was? It depended on who you asked but it was either the XM110 (Autoshottie) or the AWP.

Anyways. A lot of people were complaining about the so called "noobstick" when I said, "The noobstick is any gun used in excess that you use effectively enough that the other team complains."

Turret farms can be evaded. Overusing nades is risky (you tell the entire map you're nade spamming. I get plenty of kills that way). Massive artillery strikes can be circumvented by heavy tanks, counter-artillery, or even light tanks with a good engine. Massive sniping is pointless against any armor. And exploiting (in terms of going under the map) is cheating. So. There you have it.

I hate to quote it, but "L2P".

19. Gunnery Seargent Hartman

Gunnery Seargent Hartman Member

It's all a matter of opportunity and possebility.
    And impossible to discuss this in general since it's always team and map relating.
    There are some things that need fixing, simply for balancing reasons.

20. Revolver

Revolver Member

That, I will concede on. Certain things are easier and more powerful than they should be. As to what those may be, I leave the developers to decide.