Possible Problems, may be my machine

Discussion in 'Archive' started by MrBojangl3s, Apr 23, 2007.

1. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Well, when running 1.08 for the first time I noticed the hands models holding my guns were rather dark, similar to when textures/meshes were really dark in some Source-based mods.

Also, whatever icon that is supposed to be over people's heads wasn't there, it was just a black square.

And then I crashed, ctrl-alt-del, resolulution a little messed up at desktop so I changed it back to 1280x1024. Re-ran 1.08, things were going smooth when I again crashed, this time Empires closed itself and awarded me this error:
    [​IMG]
    EDIT: Note, I crashed the first time after joining BE on emp_cyclopean and walking around. Second crash was just spectating ^Dee^.
    This sort of crash (repeating sounds with no animation I might add) has frequented me in Gmod10, but never in gmod9. I think it has to deal with a move to the HL Ep 2 engine, or Ep 1 Engine, something along those lines.
    I will now reboot, as that is what I usually do to fix resolution problems.
    Attached is a crash dump in a zip. (Only had 1 mem dump)
    EDIT: Sending the dump to bugs@empiresmod.com as well.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007
  2. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Same pure virtual call @ R6025. Also happened on emp_cyclopean, while randomly firing the NF AR in ironsight mode and walking.

3. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Be sure to submit your mem dumps then Beerdude, I hope our combined ones will stop it... :(

4. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

"Pure virtual call" means something like "I executed buggy code and I'm telling you why I crashed". It's problem with Empires.

5. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Well, that mich is known, but the other crashes didn't give me a Pure virtual call. It was simply unresponsive and repeating sounds, making me close hl2.exe via task manager. And now, sometimes when I try and run taskmanager i get a fatal exception error in taskmgr.exe every time I use ctrl alt del, so like, Uber-bug?