Possible new sounds

Discussion in 'Archive' started by REX, Jan 6, 2008.

1. REX

REX Member

Ok basically new years eve my neighborhood turn into a warzone and this year my brother and I finally got around to recording a good amount of it.

http://www.megaupload.com/dk/?d=2DRYJQ0V

There is a bit of constant background noise that I could not get rid of:o also some of them have a lot of echo to them, I dont know if Angry might be some kind of sound wizard that could fix some of that :confused:.

Maybe for one of the many handgrenades to make us more able to tell them appart on the battlefield. Maybe something else. Also shortened and put in repeat many of them make a mean heavy MG. Also changes to the playing speed make some of them sound very heavy. (Maybe ambiense sounds for a map)

I hope we can somewhat have a small evaluation of them in the closed forum so they wont be spread all over the net, if they are not good enough I will just keep them for something else.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2008
  2. Angry

Angry Junior Member

Hmm... Warzone... You an Israeli?

3. REX

REX Member

No then it would be all year.

There is just an insane amount of illegal fireworks every year. This year the police broke the record by far when it comes to the tonage of confiscated stuff. I dont know how much, but there was a joke in today newspaper where a guy asks a policeman how much was confiscated and he answears "We lost count, but its detonation will surely secure world peace for the next 20 years" :D.

Anything that just makes a boom is not allowed here and so every year many small factories start illigal productions/homemade.

Only one of these explosions are from a pretty rocket, the rest is pure homemade HE. If you wander around unaware of drunken retards setting these off during the day you are in serious danger:). A few of the biggest of the day was before I started recording and if you are outside its like getting a friendly punch in the side. Also I live far outside the bigger city in there it is just insane.

4. REX

REX Member

maybe for a canon on an aircraft..... maybe explosion ambience you hear while you are flying.

5. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

Concussion. :D

6. Angry

Angry Junior Member

Well we would use distance sounds but we can't change how far till it starts without rewriting a brand new one from scratch the audio code since all that is hard coded, me and bodrick experimented with that pre-1.08 but I'd activate distance sounds after roughly 50 feet

7. REX

REX Member

Lol look what turned up in my garden today :skull: A huge piece of shrapnel. It seems to be from some kind of PVC pipe. I always wear an old helmet, on that day, when I walk around also because of all the rocket guiding sticks that fall from the sky.

[​IMG]

8. Trid3nt

Trid3nt Member

My uncle who lives in copenhagen was saying that people stand in the town square and let off fireworks at eachother! Damn Crazy Danish!

9. REX

REX Member

yes that is one nasty place to be. People fire huge rockets by holding them losely in the hands. Also the really big batteries are insane when they let them of in the middle of the crowd.

this year rocket warheads was reduced from maximum 400g to 200g as a dude blew of half his head last year when the engine failed and it instantly exlpoded.

But there is a tradition for stealing a few containers of high power black powder air bombs of up to several kg it happens almost every year and they are widely available. 3 of the sounds recorded are those bombs and 3 others are the TNT charge going of in the launching pipe. :eek: You can see the fuse burning in the air and that the ball is spinning.... the feeling of having like 2 kg of HE flying above you is crazy especialy as the biggest one had a launch to detonation time of 19 sek.... no joke 19 sek where you could follow it in the sky I saw it in the recordings.

10. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Darwinism at work. I guess the danish are taking a more serious approach.