point_viewcontrol

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Doggeti, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Doggeti

Doggeti Former Developer

Hi. I want to force all players to look at a specific point in my map once my custom objective has been fullfilled and a team has won. I tried to use the point_viewcontrol but it did not work. It should work in multiplayer in general because there are tutorials that show you how to use this entity to make players, who join a (counter-strike) game, to look at a certain location. Does this entity work in Empires? Is there anything special I have to take care of? How can I make all players on the server be affected by it?

2. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Works in garrysmod 9, don't know about empires.

3. Doggeti

Doggeti Former Developer

If you use it in GMod, will all players on the server be forced to use the view?

4. SwampRat

SwampRat Member

The only reason I could think of why that may not work is the coding thats been put in to focus everyone's view on the dead cv / last player to die etc on empires.

That could override things, not sure if it works for the last flag too on flag maps - if so then, from the little I gather of your map, if you make it into a flag map with one flag hidden where you want people to focus then use an entity to asign it to a team then that would do it. it wouldnt be neat and it could probably be abused somehow, but it should work?

5. Doggeti

Doggeti Former Developer

Somehow I don't need a hidden flag. The game doesn't end when I capture all three. Maybe because I am alone on the map? I also don't see the need for it to be assigned to the winning team in order to end the game because I use the game_end entity.

6. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

I have done it in previous versions, just following the standard procedure that you can read in any tutorial (although this was before death-cams were implemented). If they really have broken things, then it sounds like SwampRat's hack is as close as you will get.