Player hands and weapon disappear on APC

Discussion in 'Support' started by pickjaoe, Feb 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pickjaoe

pickjaoe Member

This screen shot shows me on top of an APC after I reloaded my weapon, it disappeared along with my hands. I could still shoot and see the bullets hit things.
    After this game I went into an empty server and tried to recreate this event to show before and after photos but was unsuccessful.
    [​IMG]

2. Simon

Simon Banned

Were you laging?

3. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Probably lag. Especially if other entities disappeared.

It's an annoying problem I encounter in every source game every time I get a little static on my line.

Makes some CS:S noob admins think I'm uber-hax though. Especially when I start speaking as the voice of disconnected.

4. pickjaoe

pickjaoe Member

I don't believe I was lagging. I could turn around and shoot the wall. People were still running around, If you look in the background there is a guy running and shooting. Sounds were still working and everything and as soon as I got out the the vehicle my arms and weapon were back. I also remember this happening to me before but I did get a screen shot of it.

5. Caelo

Caelo Member

happened to me too, only once though (strangely enough also in the BE AFV ;))

6. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

If you had kept lagging, you would've disconnected anyway. The problem doesn't occur when the lag is constant, as then either you've got serious issues hitting stuff, or when your connection completely drops for too long, as then the server drops your connection. It happens when you've got a "lag" spike SO BAD that your internet connection basically isn't there for a couple seconds. Then, when everything is talking again, a random selection of half the stuff on the map will go POOF.

You high-speed people REALLY need to learn about the different kinds of lag.

7. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

why would we, when we can just run circles around you while you're player model just sits there shaking?

so what's the solution to this? is the code for loading all objects after a lag spike buggy, or is this unsolvable? might be unsolvable if it's in the source engine itself

8. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Since it happens to me in all source-engine games, I'm going to assume it's beyond Krenzo's control, aside from implementing some kind of emp_fullreload that would essentially be a reconnect that saves your team/stats, but kills and forces a respawn.

9. pickjaoe

pickjaoe Member

It happened again to me today. I'm pretty sure its not lag.
    [​IMG]

10. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

K, if you didn't notice some kind of nasty superlag-bump, I'm going to assume it wasn't lag.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.