Planing time at mapstart

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Metalhead, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

At the moment we just have quite much time for voting the comm and for planing strategies, but these aren't separate stages. Often you don't really know who will become commander until the end of this time (no matter how long it takes). The problem is that the commander can't tell his plans to the team or there would be two potential comms who would both have to tell their plans -> doesn't work. I suggest separating this voting-time into one stage where the commander gets voted and a second stage for planing.

If this suggestion gets implemented, it would be required anyway....

2. Empty

Empty Member

Generally I vote for the person who starts talking about a plan that soudns decent, often it's me [in which case I don't vote for myself]

3. Sherbie

Sherbie Member

Whiteboard and planning stage, should totally be in...

Even for infantry maps!

4. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

The thing is, though, there are advantages to having the comm discuss their planning while you're voting... if a comm gives a totally stupid plan ("I'll drive the CV into the dam for savekeeping, then we'll wall it off and abandon our main so we're totally safe!"), I can change my vote.

Mainly, servers just need to give more voting time. The fact that many don't implies to me that they'd just set your planning stage to 2 seconds anyway so their hyperactive players can get on the field.

5. dra6o0n

dra6o0n Member

If a comm were to do that, they wouldn't tell you because they aren't doing it for the benefit, but for their own reasons...

6. Empty

Empty Member

I do that on Mvalley all the time, brilliant strat.

Lol the other day I had 0 votes, a couple people had 2 or 3, then some guy said 'Does anyone acually KNOW how to play mvallyey?' I replied with: 'Commrush top, place rax, place refs, win'. I won the commvote unanimously.