Planet Half-Life Modification Spotlight!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by dumpster_fox, Nov 13, 2007.

1. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Dystopia got it.

For the third time.

Discuss.

2. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

well, there aren't really many noteworthy source mods out there. Dystopia being one of the more... unique and somewhat popular mods, it's no surprise, really.

Now if it were eternal silence up there, that would be something to rile about :P

3. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

So? We got it twice. Once for 1.0 and then 1.06.

4. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

But it hasn't actually done anything in the past few months! I mean, I just keep imagining the PHL guy sitting down, thinking to him/herself, "Gee, what should we put in the mod spotlight," drawing a total blank (despite the fact that Minerva had another release only a bit ago), and then just defaulting to Dystopia as it's the most well-known!

I guess my point is that Planet Half-Life continues its depressing death spiral. I keep imagining a fat kid standing on a mountain of Jello, which at first kind of supported him but eventually gave way to his flabby mass, and as he continually picks up more and more speed as he's flopping downward he continues to eat the Jello, making him weigh more and making him cut through the Jello with more and more abandon, every so often grasping a brief glimmer of his predicament and futiley grabbing at the walls of the Jello shaft he's carving only to promptly realize that he is then holding Jello, and promptly shoving it into his mouth, quickening his descent to an even higher velocity and degree of mediocrity.

...My, that's a long sentence.

5. ^Dee^

well to be honest, most mods haven't really done anything for a while (at least publically viewable) How often is it update anyway?

ps. I haven't particularly liked PHL since it was found out that they often steal news from other news sites, sometimes not even bothering to reword them and give no credit to anyone.

6. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

they did review the new metastasis. not sure if they spotlighted it (they damn well should have) but it definately got a review.

do they really steal content!?

7. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

Well, it's reviewed by a different guy this time. I guess he got bored or just wanted to boost dystopia.

8. ^Dee^

yus, it was most notable when they stole from mod-hq/steamlabs website seeing how alex reported on practically everything.

They were warned by gamespy for it

9. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

No comment-- go look at all my rants on similar subjects elsewhere in the forum. Keep looking at pages randomly; the odds of you finding one are not that bad.