Pistols. O.o I have suggestions.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Deltah, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Deltah

Deltah Member

Well, I have some pistol suggestions, dont worry, Im not going to try and get pistols taken out.

Okay, first off, the default 9mm pistol is fine in all respects, and i love it like my own.
    The NF shotgun pistol seems to be fine, personally I would like it to look a bit different but, not my choice.

--An auto pistol.... well, I dont think this would be added, if it were, it would probably end up some specialty engineer or Grenadier weapon but, this has been shot down enough, so ill just leave it where its at.

--Mhhm, a new BE heavy pistol. Personally, I was thinking, instead of a direct copy of the BE9mm with a little power boost, why not a flat out Magnum revolver type of pistol.
    --- Now, heres the last pistol type that, could solve the whole scout weapon issue thing. A mediumish 45 ACP or a 9mm pistol that, would have a longish barrel, and a little pull out stock. Basicly take the standard pistol, give it some more range, accuracy and less recoil, and ironsights. Which. since you guys are falling for the fail of having a shotgun as the scouts weapon, which makes no sense(EVAR). Would, allow you to have your weird little shotgun, and give the scout a more versital version of a pistol.

---------- And heres the last thing.
    Now, i dont get how the Riflemen class gets a pistol selection choice. Honestly, rifleman in real life dont get issued pistols, its the specialized anti vehicular people and Engineers and scouts who get pistols, and sometimes even more specialized pistols. But, I just think It would make more sense if the other classes would have the pistol choosing. Also, Ive found that when playing as a Rifleman, you only switch to your pistol becouse you ran out of ammo, or if you use an MG and need some close range ability.and, when either of these things happen, all you need is the basic 9mm. When your using the MG, the shotgun pistol feels almost too close range, and not versitial enough, thus leading to the use of the standard.

---- Bottom line.
    Pistols need some different things, and should have more attention, and thus making pistol users happy.(Which, is everyone. I mean, who doesent use a pistol?)

2. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

You can snipe with the all 3 normal pistols across the whole map as they are now

3. Empty

Empty Member

Rifleman take the pistol2 because they're anti-infantry. And empires motto is. Fuck Realism.

4. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

An auto pistol for the new scout might not be bad, as the shotgun is close ranged so why not give him a sort of small clipped SMG which can do the same thing?

5. President Dick

President Dick Member

Although that doesn't really apply because sniper is out, I don't see why a shotgun-armed scout needs an auto pistol. Shotgun would excel at close range, and pistol does a good job of mopping up mid-range enemies. If you want to increase your effective range as a scout, pick SMG1.

6. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

A rifleman can kill fine at any range but they still pick the pistol 2, which does the same thing.

I don't see why giving a scout a close ranged SMG pistol which works like the shotty pistol only different because they already have a shotty is a problem. Maybe make it quiet or something so that it doesn't attract as much attention.

7. Empty

Empty Member

Scouts with Uzis and shotguns. Dual wielding.

Fuck. Yeah.

8. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

This was kinda interesting.

9. darktimes

darktimes Member

so scout get a shotgun? (not pistol)
    GREAT.

i like the idea of a new BE pistol2

10. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

I actually never ever use the first BE pistol if I can avoid it so I think i like it.

Why do you want to change the second be pistol model?
    What does it matter how it looks if it is stil a pistol?
    Shoots one bullet per mouseclick, reloads less bullets than a smg = Pistol.

11. Empty

Empty Member

First positive post related to scout shotgun by anyone other than me.
    ^^

12. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i do not want to attack your integrity as a person but I would like to correct your inaccuracy, i myself have been found to express my positivism about the scout shotgun several times!

13. darktimes

darktimes Member

why is empty banned?

and i disliked the idea that the scout just get SMGs in 2.2, so im happy a shotgun make it in! close and personal.. just like the scout should be!

14. Foxy

Foxy I lied, def a Forum Troll

Yeh, why is empty banned? I just noticed.

I think that the NF shotty either needs a slightly higher gauge, less spread, 'or' a tad more range. Is it just me, or does the 2nd BE pistol have a speed limiter?

15. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

why is empty banned?

*obligatory shotty comment*

16. davee magee

davee magee Member

whys is empty banned?

*statement about breaking the mold*

17. darktimes

darktimes Member

whatever, AWESOME that the scout get a real weapon. smgs are something for the engiee. and i never used them by hte scout

*request of scout shotty render*

18. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Don't discuss empty being banned in threads, ask a moderator. And no, i don't know.