Per-Vehicle Restrictions

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by PatPeter, Sep 14, 2011.

1. PatPeter

PatPeter I have no idea what I am talking about

See the attached image, self-explanatory. Commanders would be able to restrict each vehicle. This would stop noobs from spamming arty and allow you to force your team to switch from heavies to mediums in a pinch.

I would only allow my team to spawn MkIIs and drop ships the whole game, it's the only way to win.

EDIT: Technically if "Anyone Can Build" is checked, it should disable every checkbox below, but I couldn't be bothered.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  2. Krazer

Krazer Member

I really wish the commander had the ability to do this. It definitely would allow the commander more flexibility with strategies during pub matches. As well as manage his economy better e.g. Make better come backs with arty without noobs causing even more of a loss by spamming them etc.

I've also heard people talk about and agree with the exact same idea in-game multiple times, forever.

Inb4 idiots.

3. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

1+. This is needed so badly. Only con I see is nub coms thinking jeeps will fuck up their game, even when a vet asks for one to ninja as a last way out.

4. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

I think this is in line to be implemented in future versions.

I also think it would be nice if the com could limit vehicles from player to player. A com might want to let a handful of people pull out arty tanks, but the majority of players would be unfit to use arty.

Otherwise, you have to play the "Ok, I'm going to enable arty for a sec, are you ready to build?" game.

5. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Why don't we take it to the next level and allow commanders to assign how many Heavies/Meds/arties your team can have at one time.

6. ImSpartacus

That's not cool. You run into a hard limit and people will sit there waiting for heavies/whatever to die so they can build their own. And if they don't sit there, they might grief their own tanks (walls, no support, etc.) so the tank gets destroyed.

I think we could get away with filtering by player (player 1 can build, player 2 cannot, etc.) because there's no incentive to camp the vf or to troll your own team to blow up a friendly tank. No matter how long you sit there or how many friendly tanks die, you still aren't building that heavy.

7. Michael

Michael Member

It is another simple and wanted idea waiting to be implemented.
    Artillery for noobzorz: The only mattering thing is to somehow tell them, to change class to grenadier and pick artillery feedback as an only way to be effective. That's all.
    Looking for the diamonds on minimap and aiming your next shot according to that is definietly not IQ / SO MUCH GAME INFO demanding.

8. ImSpartacus

It's not simple. There's a reason the com UI is stuck in the stone age.

9. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Member

Anyone who gets between me and my jeeps will die. Although I do support this.

10. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Actually, what Predator said is planned, as is the OP, it's just that it's not due to be done yet. But it has been planned for a long time.

11. RetroFade

RetroFade Member

Needs to be done ASAP.

12. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Member

I'm not sure how limiting a specific type vehicle will turn out. but I'm expecting lines at the VF again, like back when we had a limit of 10 vehicles total.

13. ImSpartacus

A flat limit is just dumb, whether applied to specific vehicle types or overall. I'm not surprised that there were lines at the VF.

14. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Spartacus wasn't around for 2.23, where there were line-ups AND hard-collisions, so you wouldn't be able to get out of the VF.

15. Krazer

Krazer Member

Armories/Barracks were worse, especially NF.

On another note, to take it a step further would be locking certain weapon choices that have been researched i.e. Researching one armor/engine for early game, locking those choices out after researching different armor/engines for late game.

Imo that would allow commanders a massive increase in strategic flexibility for pub matches, obviously making the game better. Before people cry grief understand the com can grief by just locking the VF already.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  16. EdWindows

EdWindows Member

+1
    Great idea.

17. Apex

Apex Member

They can also get the CV killed, recycle all barracks, kill the CV, not research, drown the CV, park the CV in a friendly VF, park the CV in an unfriendly VF, go afk in the CV and 9-mining his own CV.

Griefing potential shouldn't be counted for commander features.. since you know they control every building and what gets built/researched and people who want to grief as commander will already. People still bring it up.

18. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Not being able to spawn for 30 seconds when a server is full was far, far worse than the line at the VF.

19. ImSpartacus

*tears up*

And I thought I was the only one...

The last time I mentioned that idea, I was molested from six different angles by a ravenous pack of wild trolls. I didn't know I had that many orifices.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  20. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

a lot more advanced and better suggestions have come and gone

id prefer some other versions, with some more control for the commander, and some more strategical outputs

but yea, this will do to a degree aswell