Pass4enger slots for command vehicle

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by V3N0M, Feb 13, 2010.

1. V3N0M

V3N0M Member

Not a big suggestion, but what about giving the command vehicle passenger seats and ammo/health regen for passengers like an apc? Commanders could move their troops around near the beginning of a match and it would make the CV easier to defend. Also, it makes sense for a vehicle of that size to double as a transport.

2. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

This used to be similar, when the CV had no heat bar (wasn't overheated at the beginning) and could boomtank at the beginning of the round. It would push infantry to the front of the lines.
    Similarly, this should be discouraged. It will only encourage boomtanking, and idiotic losses to games.

3. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

That's pretty poor dude. You want to turn the CV into a free APC? You know whole versions of this game were crushed due to APC rushing, right? And the CV has about 50x more hull health and 20x armour than an APC.

4. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

yeah no, just.... no

5. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

What if the comman-duh loads a bunch loads of peeps on it, recycles the rax claiming it is for teh rez for a ninja rax, goes ahead and drives the cv into water SO FAR AWAY THAT NOONE CAN SWIM BACK! yea you just trolled the game without even implemention. see what you just did!

6. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

...if you drive the cv into the water it's griefed already. It cannee swim and ye cannee make a new one.

7. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

It is still a stupid and unbalanced suggestion, especially that the guy who suggested it has an over used pseudonym.

8. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

I don't think this is as game-breaking as everyone suggests, especially with the 60 second overheat period.

I don't see much of a reason to add this, either, but if it were I don't think it would be gamebreaking.

9. harryhoot1

harryhoot1 Member

it would be a nice buff for the NF comm, use its hefty exterior as an advantage instead of getting stuck on turrets all the time

10. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

id say that i would like to see some form of commander upgrading implemented in my dream empires mod

like when you research certain trees, commander only stuff unlocks at the repair pad like spawn points and tougher armor more heat bar etc etc etc

11. V3N0M

V3N0M Member

I didn't mean the CV would have APC deploy at the beginning of the round. That would have to come later in the match and until then it would function more like a really big jeep

12. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

the commander could be able to do an ambush spawn in when its health drops below a certain point(like to red for instance) and a z number of players outside x radius from the comm would be automatically killspawned/teleported there or into the pass4enger slots.