Old News Thread.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DarkHorizon, Nov 4, 2011.

1. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Member

El Mashad joined the Egyptian Atomic Energy Authority and worked as a nuclear engineer

On 14 June 1980, El Mashad was found dead in his room at the Le Méridien hotel in Paris. Some sources state that he was found with his throat cut and multiple stab wounds, others that he had been bludgeoned to death. French authorities suspected the Israeli intelligence agency Mossad, but had no proof. Israel issued statements immediately after El Mashad's death, claiming that the Iraqi nuclear program had been retarded, but denied involvement.

The Witness: Marie-Claude Magal, prostitute, client of El-Meshad, pushed under a car and killed in the Boulevard Saint-Germain.

2. f1r3w4rr10r

f1r3w4rr10r Modeler

is there any purpose to this?
    if not close for shitpost pls

3. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

wonder what direction this takes and if its intended to take a direction or is just spam ...

4. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Member

Mikhail Borisovich Khodorkovsky is a Russian prisoner, considered by some such as Amnesty International to have been imprisoned for political reasons.

He is openly critical of what he refers to as 'managed democracy' within Russia. Careful normally not to criticise the elected leadership, he says the military and security services exercise too much authority. He told The Times:
    "It is the Singapore model, it is a term that people understand in Russia these days. It means that theoretically you have a free press, but in practice there is self-censorship. Theoretically you have courts; in practice the courts adopt decisions dictated from above. Theoretically there are civil rights enshrined in the constitution; in practice you are not able to exercise some of these rights."

In February, 2003, at a televised meeting at the Kremlin, Khodorkovsky argued with Putin, challenging him on questions of government corruption, and implying that top state officials were pocketing millions in bribes. Privately, Putin told Lord John Browne, the former head of BP, “I have eaten more dirt than I need to from that man.”

Khodorkovsky was charged with acting illegally in the privatisation process of the former state-owned mining and fertiliser company Apatit. It is alleged that the CEO of Bank Menatep and large shareholder in Yukos Platon Lebedev assisted Khodorkovsky. Lebedev was arrested and charged in July 2003.

On 22 August 2008, he was denied parole by Judge Igor Faliliyev, at the Ingodinsky regional court in Chita, Siberia. The basis for this was in part because Khodorkovsky "refused to attend jail sewing classes".

5. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I think this might lead up to something, let's let him continue.

6. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Masterful troll is masterful.

7. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Time to do an ip-check I think.

8. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Member

Karen Gay Silkwood (February 19, 1946 – November 13, 1974) was an American labor union activist and chemical technician at the Kerr-McGee plant near Crescent, Oklahoma, United States. Silkwood's job was making plutonium pellets for nuclear reactor fuel rods. She died under mysterious circumstances after investigating claims of irregularities and wrongdoing at the Kerr-McGee plant.

The next morning, as she headed to a union negotiation meeting, she again tested positive for plutonium. This was surprising because she had only performed paperwork duties that morning.

Debate has centered over how Silkwood became contaminated over this 3-day period. Silkwood herself asserted that she was the victim of a malicious campaign, and that the testing jars she had been given were laced with plutonium. The contamination in the bathroom would have occurred when she spilled her urine sample on the morning of November 7. It was also consistent with the fact that samples she took at home had extremely high levels of contamination, whilst samples taken in 'fresh' jars at the plant and at Los Alamos showed much lower contamination.

Later that evening, Silkwood's body was found in her car, which had run off the road and struck a culvert. The car contained no documents. She was pronounced dead at the scene from a "classic, one-car sleeping-driver accident". The trooper at the scene remembers that he found one or two tablets of the sedative methaqualone (Quaalude) in the car, and he remembers finding marijuana. The police report indicated that she fell asleep at the wheel. The coroner found 0.35 milligrams of methaqualone per 100 milliliters of blood at the time of her death an amount almost twice the recommended dosage for inducing drowsiness.

9. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Member

I only wish to show certain interesting articles to those who care. Please leave me complaints on how this thread bothers you if it does.

10. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i dont even know where this articles are from and/or who wrote them, so why care, could be all made up bullshit too?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  11. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Member

12. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

***** called, he wants his usual conversation topics back.

13. complete_

complete_ lamer

i just wanna know how rob and amber are doing

14. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  15. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Member

Salomon August Andrée (October 18, 1854, Gränna, Småland – October 1897), during his lifetime most often known as S. A. Andrée, was a Swedish engineer, physicist, aeronaut and polar explorer who died while leading an attempt to reach the Geographic North Pole by hydrogen balloon. The balloon expedition was unsuccessful in reaching the Pole and resulted in the deaths of all three of its participants.

Within ten hours of lift-off, they were caught by powerful winds from a storm raging in the area. The heavy winds continued and, together with the rain creating ice on the balloon, impeded the flight. It is likely that Andrée realized before the flight ended that they would never come near the pole.

Due to these causes they were forced down on the ice, though the landing was conducted in a semi-controlled way rather than actually crashing. They had covered 295 miles (475 km) and floundered on the pack ice. The expedition was well equipped for traveling on the ice (three sledges and a boat) and had supplies for three months plus three deposits in northern Svalbard and one in Franz Josef Land. They set off eastbound for the latter but after a week they had moved west due to the currents which moved the ice. They then changed direction towards northern Svalbard; movement was slowed down by ice drift and by the craggy surface of the pack ice. The three had to pull the sledges themselves, and despite good reserves of food, added to by their shooting polar bears, the efforts against the moving, uneven ice wore them out.

They reached land in early October after over two months on the ice, setting foot on Kvitøya (White Island), just east of Svalbard. They perished there, probably within two weeks after landfall. Most modern writers agree that Nils Strindberg died within a week of arrival: he was buried among the rocks (though no marking was set on his grave) while the other two men were later found in the tent.

16. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

..... And they all smiled and lived happily ever after.

The End.

17. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

This is Deeist Overlord Vulkanis.

Should you choose to become the new Mr.dee your posts will be subject to
    the deeist weapons of liberation. That is all.

18. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Member

These articles are real and unrelated to the struggles of the blackhole.

19. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Today I made a Zergling Hero in starcraft 2.
    Now I'm going to make some food. I'll post all about my day when I come back :)

20. Kane

Kane Member

If people closed every shitpost here, we might as well close the whole forum.