Officer Uniforms for Donators?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Commander Z, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Commander Z

Commander Z Member

How about different uniforms for people who donate to the mod? For example if someone donates $25, they get to have a SGT skin, where their uniform looks a little different in game, but still sticking to the general characteristics of the team. And if someone donates $50, they get an officer skin, and perhaps those that donate over $100 also get a decorative sword to carry around, similar to a Civil War officer's sword. Of course the sword would not be very powerful, just perhaps a backup weapon, similar in damage to a pistol whip... Is this a good idea?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  2. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

There were going to be icons next to donators names, but that project never really got completed.

I think Bodrick was the only one who donated any way.

3. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Guess those guys would be more tempting targets.. Soon we will hear people whine:

'' I donated 100$! But now the whole team shoots me :'( .

Sure add models, but don't add things that make the game unbalanced for those who can't pay.

4. DeadlyDad

DeadlyDad Member

What about people who donate starting each round with one skill point per dollar donated for that month? (e.g. donate $20 per month, and you automatically get your first two skills!) That will encourage people to donate on an ongoing basis, yet won't unduly penalize those who don't.

5. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I think that would be a pretty big penalty to those who don't, as a team starting off a match with a couple engineers who have repair and turret upgrades would be in a pretty good position.

If I donated I wouldn't expect any kind of bonus in game

6. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

In some manner it would give an advantage to those that do, and that is not really what I'd like to see. The game needs to maintain an appearance of fairness, otherwise players would just get frustrated.

Besides, building a business plan on empires disguised through donations is probably against Valve policy.

Visual recognition of donators would be fine, rewards that gain advantages not.

7. Bademeister

Bademeister Member

I'm just waiting for EA to sell 10% extra damage or 30 extra HP for the newest BF game...
    I think some nice details for donators would be fun, but only minor ones. Perhaps other rank symbols on the shoulder, medals on the chest or a special symbol on your collar? E.g. all generals of the German army got this thing on their collar, looks quite neat.

8. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Garrys mod is a good example of that..

FAQ: No we will not pay for this mod.

News!: Version 9 is out! Get it for 10$!

9. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

I refuse to pay for what is just a mod... Donate is diffrent though...

10. Bademeister

Bademeister Member

True, I'd be willing to donate money to Empires if it helps making it better because I feel like crediting the great work you guys did and giving back some of the fun I had during the past 1,5 years.
    Paying is different because it is mandatory - it makes you feel as if the team made the mod just to make money, not for the joy of playing.

11. Lollum

Lollum Tester++

I think that´s too much work to have such a system that changes your appearance or something. Just have list on the homepage where the donators are listed.

12. arklansman

arklansman Member

I should probably go find the quote where Krenzo says that he would sell Empires. :P

13. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I like the sword idea. I'd donate, again, if that was implemented.

14. Bodrick

Bodrick Ye Olde Supermod

I don't know if I was the only person to donate, but I was certainly the first :p