nuclear dawn 4 pack

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Paradox, Aug 25, 2011.

1. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

If too much was removed I wouldn't buy it at all, I'd pack up my PC, throw it in the basement and cry myself to sleep at night.

But if the big bugs were fixed and some improvements made to the Commander UI & the GUI was anything less than painful then $60 happily, $70maybe.

2. RKB53

RKB53 Member

Targets

3. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

In the future, there are no normal assualt rifles. Only over the top anime cliches such as super fast invisible assasins that use knives and space marine knock offs carryings chain cannons.

4. FN198

FN198 Member

@vulkanis, rkb
    i couldn't agree more.

5. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Idk about dollars, but I'd pay £30, £40 for some collector's edition or what NS2 did with their special version. I can understand keeping the game simple to begin with, funnily enough, much like what FN said, but I'd want it to become more complex and deep as time went on, done via updates and such. The question is, how do you put that across as a news posting? "NEW RESEARCH SYSTEM ADDED" just doesn't cut it. So maybe basic stuff like that, as well as vehicle customisation would have to be added form the start.

Because fully customisable vehicles and infantry is a really good selling point. When you can start bullshitting about the ridiculous number of combinations possible, even if 99% of them would never be viable in the actual game.

6. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Just fix all the current bugs and I'd happily buy it. But NOTHING would be swept under the carpet, I mean fix everything

7. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

There is absolutely no chance that current Empires or engine will be used.

8. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Have I told you that you're a shit dev?

9. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Well that's enough of thread derailing. I asked a question and expected an answer. If you can't behave on your own I guess you need some motivation.

10. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

omg... that was the best... um "asking for it" I have seen.

11. Krazer

Krazer Member

Nothing of value was lost.

12. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Commercial empires would be great mootant! Except the first order of business should be taking you off of the dev team.

You're using Empires as a resume item anyways so it wont be hard jumping onto another project ^_^

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  13. FN198

FN198 Member

@trickster
    you do realize that one of the largest detractors from empires gameplay is shitty research, right? yes ~90% of the tech tree is viable in at least once niche but that ~90% is only if you understand the mechanics of research and can coordinate your team to use the stuff you researched.
    the system is responsible for a considerably large amount of poor games of empires. removing customization would only help the noobs out. it wouldn't hurt good players at all because good players know theres only like 4 loadouts for the end-game that are truly viable.
    i want to put people on the same page and let skill, rather than the learning curve decide who wins.

キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  14. Marshall Mash

Marshall Mash 3D Artist

I would pay for a game that played similar to Empires , but it would have to change quite a bit to be commercially viable and appeal to new people.
    I would still want a few skilled players to be able to impact the game in major ways, but at the same time limit the amount of damage one person can inflict, so something like 9-mining would probably be a bad idea, and the CV would need to be pretty much un-griefable.

Similar to what FN said, the game as a whole would need to be more intuitive. Something like binding squad commands to a key through a freaking console is out of the question.

Borrow some ideas from other games, like spawning on squad leaders and put a timer and/or a resource fee on it to avoid abuse.

Just simple polishing would go a long way.

15. Krazer

Krazer Member

Sigged~ :D

16. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Whatever is decided upon, just stay the fuck away from Nuclear Dawns ideas of "noob friendly"

17. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

There's no way I'd do something like low floor/entry -> low ceiling -> bored after 1 month of playing. We talked for like hours with RPG about things like simplifying vehicle customization while keeping all the choice available.

Targets got kind of crippled/removed because of laziness when it comes to getting it right, not that I don't like my units following where ordered when I play as commander.

18. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Shit's been released and every server lags like crazy. What the fuck?

19. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Sounds like classical Empires gameplay to me

20. Haji with a handgun

Haji with a handgun Member

edit: oh shit this thread isnt even about nuc dawn

also I would pay at least 30 quid for this

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011