Northern Factions, : NF AIRBASE- The First of the "FUN PROJECTS"

Discussion in 'Art' started by SirSnipes, May 30, 2009.

1. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

cinema 4d R11 studio edition

2. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

SirSnipes am I on your ignore list? I feel very ignored right now :(

3. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

And.. You said it crashed when you tried to export? What exporter kind of thingy are you using?

4. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

i have a ignore list? since when? and how do i use it

5. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

nono xsimod tool kept crashing when i tryed to open it, it works now, i just have no clue how to get from a OBJ file to ingame, and c4d has a built in converter than converts to most common 3d file types

6. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

In the NF and BE folders inside the main materials folder, where else?

You export as a series of SMDs and the compile the SMDs using studiomdl and a QC file.

7. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

just got a c4d smd exporter, that should make my other 2 mods on the go much easier

8. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Yeah you don't have to export to XSI, XSI just has native SMD support, but most packages have an SMD exporter written for them.

9. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

10. Kylegar

Kylegar Specstax Rule

The tower is way too tall. If something were to take off from that, it'd run into the tower and explode.

Remember, Radar is handled by the actual Radar building. I doubt the AF would need to do it's own radar.

11. theotherjms

theotherjms Developer

It looks very weird that one fuel tank (?) lays on the side and the others are upright. Looks like one has fallen over.

What I like is that this looks different from the BE one, but not so different that it looks like something with a completely different purpose.

Not sure whether the vast amounts of inf cover would be a good or a bad thing. This might be scout heaven, especially since there's multiple levels and with Enhanced Senses you can't tell whether you're above or below the scout.
    On the other hand, good inf cover for defenders is the one thing that's missing from every Empires building IMO.

12. Coffeeburrito

Coffeeburrito Coder

Also, it needs access from opposite sides, so people don't have to run all the way around to get on it.

13. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

I like the MK3 a lot. I like those small individual pads just slightly bigger than the aircrafts. Only thing I would change in the mk3 would be to increase the amount of access ways on the pads. You may have situations where you need to get on the pads or off them for some reason. ;)

I really love the MK3. It's awesome. Very intuitive AND it allows multiple vehicles being built at once.

I would also love the MK1 too but the radar tower really has to be lower. It's very very high, thus it can easily hit from very far away. (Plus the MK1 also needs its own paths on to the aircraft pad.)

Edit: Oh you shortened it already on the textured version. :)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  14. Jackman

Jackman Member

That looks... reallllly high poly...

15. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

It's supposed to be...

16. SirSnipes

SirSnipes Member

6439 polys but i can lower it, the shadows make for really nice, high poly looking renders

17. Omneh

Omneh Member

Its ugly.

I can't express it in any nicer way.

Its blocky, improbably constructed and most importantly, looks nothing like any other NF structure.

Sorry...

EDIT: I forgot to mention it makes no sense from a gameplay perspective. What are you supposed to do, walk up that long rickety staircase to build an aircraft in that tower that looks just big enough to fit a single infantryman in? And what happens when aircraft take off? Do they crash immediately into the superflouous radar tower?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
  18. Roflcopter Rego

Roflcopter Rego Member

Enlargen the air control tower, so more people can fit into it, and add another staircase. think of the BE VF bit with the screen. Then, because that is larger, knock the radar onto that (same height as it is now, so there needs to be much less support). Then it seems out of the way. Also hand rail for the staircase. Because I can see myself falling off 3 times in a row then ragequiting.

19. Sandbag

Sandbag Member

what makes the fuel tank that's on it's side look like it's fallen over is the texture, with the rust running from right to left.

add a rim to the other side, perhaps a valve or vent to the top and it'll look great. I'm aware that you're hitting the poly limit though.

I love this model

20. Deadpool

Deadpool SVETLANNNAAAAAA

yeah i agree with omni, it kinda looks like 4 or 5 random elements thrown together, each thing you have is independent of the rest.

if you look at the BE aircraft factory, it is low, or at least the whole structure exists at the same level, and you cant easily get on to the pad itself.

i made something in paint, cause i am really bored, just as an example of a way that the all the parts can be integrated. just add boxes :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2009