Non engines building stuff.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by PJB, Jul 26, 2006.

1. PJB

PJB Member

serveral times now as a commander and on the ground i've been forced to have non engies (grens, rifles, etc) build all kinds of things, ranging from level one turrets right though to vehicle factories.

i suggest that non engies get a point for assisting is a objects construction, and two - four points for constructing a building on their own depending on what it is.
    i think this would be more than just considering how much longer, and how vunerable they are when building it, and that they have spent the time to consider building it rather than begging for jeeps and running to the front lines.

2. Miss Mary

Miss Mary Member

maybe just the same amount of points as an engy
    and maybe an extra point for completing a LARGE building on their own
    giving them two and four consecutivly would make it pointless
    people would just run around as riflemen and build things just to "ding" so to speak

3. PJB

PJB Member

true, but he would be alot more vunerable due to the time he takes.

4. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

engineers already get a point during construction. Most buildings will give a sole engineer 2 or 3 points for constructing them.

5. Miss Mary

Miss Mary Member

:@
    read post =P

6. PJB

PJB Member

thats not what we are disgussing, riflemen and alike dont get those points.
    [edit] nods at mary's post [/edit]

7. FLH

FLH Member

[rant]Bearing in mind Engineers do 99% of the boring building work while defending themselves & giving the coward rifleman summit to hide behind and rifleman, scouts, grenadiers basically do F*C* all for the most part of the round other than hide, ask for ammo, snipe, camp, get in front of you, drive over you, demand you build the VF so they can spam jeeps.... SOD YOU! :p :rolleyes: ;)

The sole good thing about being a perma engineer, apart from always being the reason the team wins, is topping the points table! :D

If you wanna help the team go engineer, do the right thing. Leave the hero Death Match killing spree till later & the ground & fire lines are setup....[/rant]

/me pokes tongue out

Last edited: Jul 26, 2006
  8. Broccoli

Broccoli Member

Engineers get points for killing, I suppose it's only fair that other classes get points for building. Although, it should be at the same rate as the ng.

9. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I guess maybe one point while building would do.

10. Nutcase

Nutcase Member

Giving points for non-engineer building is a great Idea condering several times I've built a small base by myself as a scout. It would be a fair addon for us hard workers that dont benefit from the giant calculator

11. PJB

PJB Member

i still say that if a rifleman is forced to construct a turret in the middle of fire, one point is far from enough.
    i think two points for compleating, and one point for helping would be an ensentive for non engies to actually help.

12. Bishop Gantry

Bishop Gantry Member

Fine remove every award engies get for killing stuff, destroying veichles buildings etc and limit engineers to just getting points for building stuff...

13. PJB

PJB Member

very good point!

14. AlexCA117

AlexCA117 Member

Hard to disagree with.

15. Atlas

Atlas Member

Maybe have non-engies get the same amount of points (1 point per 100, unless I'm wrong). They are still building it slower, so that means they won't get as many points or as fast as an engy.

16. PJB

PJB Member

sounds good

17. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

My thoughts on this topic exactly. :)

Edit: And can you people please stop nerfing the engi... Seriously, if you want to balance the classes more suggest improvements to other classes, don't start taking already implemented features out. We'll run out of features if you keep on making these "remove engineer grenades" "remove engineer turrets" "remove engineer this and that" "remove <insert class here> <insert skill or ability or feat here>" topics. Seriously this mod has just begun on its way to greatness, removing lots of stuff at this point would be same as shooting yourself in the leg.

Suggest ADDITIONS not REMOVALS!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2006
  18. FLH

FLH Member

A) If you're in or near your base and you HAVE to build summit you should be an engineer, no reason to be a combat class in a non combat area of the map....

B) If you're a combat class and you're near the enemy and there is not an engineer present, hold the ground till one gets there.

C) You can more or less cover a whole map on foot in the time it takes a combat class to build a refinery thus it's a complete and utter waste of a player.

Play the game the way it's intended, teamwork 1st :D

19. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

For most flexibility, do NOT do it as "points for completion", as this will encorage all sorts of tactics, such as joining in the last bit, or will effect players that stop before the end to shoot someting.

so we definatly need a progressive system, like that that the engineer has. I surgest the same rate as the engineer (1 point per 100 helped.) this means that they don't have to do less to get the points (this way, an engineer building a VF and a Rifleman building another are going to get the same amount of points. only, the engineer will be faster)

however, we definately don't want to make rifleman more useful at it, or even equally so.

20. Miss Mary

Miss Mary Member

for refineries and large buildings 1 point for half the building constructed followed by one point on completion

turrets and engy radar(if engy died or w.e) 1 point for completion
    (for non-engineering classes)