No Footsteps When Crouching

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Jimather, May 27, 2006.

1. Jimather

Jimather Member

theres no option for stealth. crouching or sprinting you make footstep noise. there are lots of times on many maps where i would love to walk silently and am prepared to pay a speed price for it.

so my suggestion is rather simple, silence the players footstep noise when crouching. (and implement a walk feature when pretty much everything else like aircraft is done).

2. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I have to disagree. If anything, it should create more noise buuuut since this is a game, I wouldn't mind if they were at least quieter.

3. Jimather

Jimather Member

so on what logical basis do you find the idea of a crouching person, moving very slowly, creating more noise than a sprinting person ?

in game or not.

4. Stu

Stu BehälterGott

I have to agree with this. There is no walk silently option ingame right now.

5. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

This is something you can try yourself.

6. Jimather

Jimather Member

try what myself ?

if you mean try moving whilst crouching and then comparing that to the noise i make whilst sprinting, then trust me, i have had plenty of experience in moving quietly whilst crouching due to the wide games we used to play in scouts, and a couple of things we did whilst on an army taster week.

i came to the most solid conclusion that sprinting makes more noise than a slow crouching walk.

In game, the noise is all the same volume, whether crouching or running or sprinting and this is not only illogical/unrealistic it narrows your gameplay options. (i think you may make slightly more noise whilst sprinting but that only proves my point even more)

7. Zairair

Zairair Member

I've come to the conclusion that the noise made by crouch-walking and running is determined by the type of surface you're on.

I'm really loud on wood but kinda quiet on cement whilst crouch-walking and opposite for walking. An important find ay? lol jk im just teasing you guyz.

8. Lock N' Load

Lock N' Load Member

Wait...There are step sounds? I've NEVER heard anyone make a foot step sound...

9. zadarblack

zadarblack Member

well maybe add an upgrade skill in general to make less sound wile walking?

10. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

maybe make an upgrade to make less sound.

not only footsteps but allso gunfire, explosions, vehicle noise, etc

good for scout!

11. Lock N' Load

Lock N' Load Member

Silenceing > Weapon Silencer
    It already expands past just your stanard Silencer, it hides your death messege, so haveing it quite down more things would just make it a great addition and make more Scouts want it.