[NF][Vehicals][APC]

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by DonMegel, Sep 7, 2009.

1. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

[​IMG]

My 3d sketch for the NF APC, the NF Toad. I liked the idea of them being Amphibious, perhaps after a research upgrade. Also notice the gun ports, I imagine these would behave like the standard assault rifle.

UPDATE:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  2. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

I honestly can't say I like this. Maybe its the lack of details, but I cant see anything good coming from it. The main thing that bugs me are the proportions. This thing looks 7 feet tall, oversized wheels within the treads, and the 2 barrel turret just doesn't make sense.

And why is there a raised plate near the front? It means the driver can't shoot directly in front of him/her.

3. zenarion

zenarion Member

I'd suggest making it bigger, taller, so people can hide behind it.
    Don't know if the gun ports are really necessary.

4. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

Its only a little taller than a man, the idea being that it could hide behind walls or ridges in hills. The flaps in the front are the plates that cover the windows, Ill shrink them.

The double barrel gun is just a whim, dosent have to represent a gameplay change.

The gun ports will be nice, people like to shoot when riding, even if they will never hit anything.

I'm going to do some reworking.

UPDATE: Check first post.

5. Reef

Reef Member

I like it.
    The turret should go more to the front of the vehicle, or it will be hard to drive when You can't really see what is right in front of You. I liked the one before the update more (it looked more like a brick on wheels, NF raw style). Also, there seems to be 5 exits on the front?

6. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

Actually, I think the bottom one looks more BE. I might do a BE version of it and see if it fits better