"Next-Generation" Consoles

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Al Fire 101, Jul 18, 2006.

?

Consoles: Which will you buy

1. Nintendo Wii

22.9%
  2. Microsoft X-Box 360

6.3%
  3. Sony Playstation 3

12.5%
  4. Wii360

8.3%
  5. PSWii

4.2%
  6. Both the 360 and PS#

8.3%
  7. PSWii60

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. None of these inferior machines

33.3%
  9. Giant Enemy Crab

4.2%
  1. jambo

jambo Member

i personally wouldn't go for a 360 because its microsoft , and in my mind that means its bugged and crashes
    wii is only as good as the first x-box , not "next generation"

i would probally go for the ps3 , but as everyone has said , its flippen expensive , and i don't want my fingers burnt from buying a blue-ray player
    having 8 usb ports sounds crazy , unless the controllers plug into them , not just add on eye-toys.
    i would like to think that a new conpetitor could enter the market ( i'm gonna get whiped for saying this ) , maby ..... macintosh
    from years of experience of there oldest systems , they never crash !
    - but the possibility of that happening is just as likely as getting an e-mail from microsoft saying they thank me for donating to them - and that they will send me a program that actuly makes xp work , eg. Empires crashes , fine i understand that , then i don't bother to send the error , it goes to the desktop , theres no other programs operating , !!! and it flippen takes minites to do anything !!!! all 2.5 gigs appearing to do nothing !

ahh well , i would like to see a next generation game that mixes up EVE and Escape Velocity 1 into a MMOG.

2. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

a free escape velocity mmo would kickass, not rpg, just the same as it is with some mp features :)

would be cool when you are stranded somewhere in the middle of alien territory without fuel and some other player comes by and sells you some fuel etc :D

3. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

Totally with the space MMo, the consoles look like they could get away with that more than PC imo, would be better when you send a transmission you can use the webcam =D maybe put a lil helmet on so you look like a pilot XD

dunno seems like a fun idea, plus,
    no one can diss my 360, actually its the G60 cause its ghetto, but i like it, but needs more games, plus Rev and 360 are gonna crush the PS3 due to its over price and faulty cell cpu, and shiz << plus ps3 is just a marketing tool for the Blu-Ray which doesnt really matter in the end, cause later HVD(think thats how its abbr.) will come in =D...... 30 years XD(maybe sooner but im just being a little silly right there)

4. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

Now all we truly need is a Fallout 3, and DONE F****** RIGHT << gosh the console and tatics were horrible =D <3 luv ya Fallout 1 and 2 =D
    KoToR 1 was awsome, 2nd was a bit rushed, but now, i tried to replay them on my 360 but i cant now ; ; theres like no motivation to XD i did every ending and outcome o.o man im insane.

Well, im just gonna say, that combat was a bit easier to control in oblivion, morrowind was a bitch in a way, but ya, i dont like Diablo Hack and Slash type games, but i dont like games too complicated they take the fun out *Cough*BC*Cough*Smart*Cough* o.o...
    Mostly the game needs a good storyline, Firefly anyone? that'll make a good game, all you gotta do is make it almost like the show, not some crappy budget sell out and make money type, i mean like a deep one, go around the system like a Jack of all trades, and break a few thumbs =) and survive in the verse.......

o.o ok im going on and on. but ya, spells sucked in oblivion, thats straight up holmes, i beat it in 110 hours with all quest done(guild,main, and some side-quest but not all of those << since i was borrowing the game on my 360) =D

Fan Guy FBK (fan boy killing) =) ok that lame -.-

ok i'll admit that Tatics was a bit of fun, but it felt useless at the end, and you couldn't really go town to town and the quest were in the mission area, could've been better is RPG played a bigger role

(oh and i just noticed i posted right under me, im just catching up with my absence =) so uhh.... maybe i could get away with that? oh and if you wanna know how messed up alaskan internet is, $110 bill for a 128k dsl modem, F*** bs =))

Last edited: Aug 12, 2006
  5. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

tactics was my favourite fallout and possibly one of my favourite RTS games of it's kind.

6. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

7. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

8. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

*Hands over a cookie to dumpster*

9. HungryGuy

HungryGuy Member

PC PC PC PC my only gamestation. All I need. Consoles suck

10. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

Eh.....PC....just wish developers wouldn't ruin games like Oblivion and Deus Ex II by making them for console, then porting them to a PC (Seriously...Deus Ex 1's inventory and interaction system was good. The dumbed down one for consoles...sucked?)

11. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

dues ex- best game ever made
    (well empires is a mod, isn't it)

12. HungryGuy

HungryGuy Member

Agread, though homeworld comes close infact, a tie imo

13. Darg

Darg Member

Don't be ridiculous. Civilisation was the best game ever made for PC. There can be no argument of that.

14. HungryGuy

HungryGuy Member

Played civ 3, any game where you battle to upgrade your units even after reasurchin them gets old fast. And the worst tutorial ever.

15. Darg

Darg Member

I didn't mean civ3 (btw civ4 is actually quite a lot better) I meant the original. Everybody should try it.

16. Al Fire 101

Al Fire 101 Member

any new opinions?

17. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

iron grip...?

joking, joking.

its eternal silence ;)

18. Jkun

Jkun Ban Hammer Manor Ruler

I just couldn't help myself.

19. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Bad Jkun! Bad! No attacking the poll's weak point for massive damage! No biscuit!

20. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

It's Ridge Racer.
    RIIIIIDDDGGEEE RACEER!!! =P