Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Devourawr, Feb 3, 2012.

1. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

It might be as basic as ... We want to fucking decide what our shit looks like. You changed it, we said we don't like it, you said "fuck you and your going to like it" That kind of shit only works on retarded apple fans.

2. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

They don't need to move anything. Its like when they catagorised the control panel and made it more confusing.

having everything filed into different areas is only necessary with hundreds of options. If you can fit it all onto one pane of glass then do it. My eyes will find what I need much easier looking at 30 icons than looking into 10 sub folders each with 3 icons in them.

3. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

windows 8 is more userfriendly - I don't like that.

4. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

So much autism.

5. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i do not have a single icon on my desktop, i cant reach the desktop from within an application, id have to win+d first. the taskbar on the other hand is visible from any non-fullscreen application (the majority).
    i just dont get why i have to boot into a startmenu i dont use for 99% of the time. (yes i know win8.1 blue blablabullshit will change that oob)

also locations and dimensions of settings are completely retarded. everything is way too big, i dont want to scroll or click through tons of menues (well thats bad in previous versions of windows aswell, but its supposed to be an innovation so i feel its just to criticise it)

and finally, the worst shit about metro is that you have to click this scrollbar to move the desktop. one would expect that a left click equals the touch of a finger, but no microsoft, that would have been intuitive :facepalm:

win8 is great under the hood though.

edit:
    what i really dont get is why they didnt release two GUIs, the "classic" win7 style for mouse and win8 metro or newUI or whatever marketingname it has now for touch?
    there is no - well lets say there should be no, its MS afterall - barrier that prevents this from a technical side ...

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  6. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

7. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue