New Skill: Base defender

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Vessboy, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

Base defender:
    Get a 20% dmg reduction when within 15 ft of a friendly building.

Either a general skill or engineer only.

2. Vaun

Vaun Member

Engineer inate abillity- 35% increase in build rate within 30-40ft of the CV (or something like that).

3. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

Make your own thread!!!!!!

4. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

I don't like the sort of heavily defensive gameplay mentality that this skill would encourage.

5. OuNin

OuNin Member

I don't like the voodoo this is encouraging. Pretty much all of the skills that exist work in all areas and tying one skill to some structure just breaks the continuity of the use of the skills.

6. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Close Quarter:
    Get a 20% dmg upgrade when within 15 ft of an enemy building.

I like this one more.

7. PreDominance

PreDominance Member

Empires: Grenadier Mortar-Spawn-Camping edition. (You only need to hit 75 or more damage, the ability finishes the rest).

8. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Imo placed buildings should autobuild at a slowish rate provided there is a built barracks near by. Comm vehc could increase the build speed. That way you can actually secure places without requiring someone to base bitch turrets.

9. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

if you comm often you have enough time to be your own base bitch, or at least i do ;)

also vess suggestion enourages engies to camp a rax and might lead to it being to hard to take out - this needs to be tested out in a real game enviroment.
    vauns basically is the same only that is a bit more limited but gives a higher bonus. in case the CV is parked close enough to the rax it might show worse result then what vess sugested ...
    brutos suggestion would pwn when chargeing into a rax - it might be OP, 20% is a lot, it might even make melee upgrade redundant on classic maps since often players are a little damaged already.
    and predoms suggestion, yeh well ... no comment ... the troll is quite obvious (and not limited to spawns either as the name would imply) :D

and i also agree, do not encourage defensive tactics, it leads to stale gameplay (like all the defensive buffs in recent versions have shown quite well imo)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  10. REX

REX Member

Also I would guess it would lead to strange tactics with armouries every 20m becoming some weird part of advancing towards the enemy.

Just like they are being used as walls now on money and in other choke points because they are so cheap, and have more energy than walls now.