new server up

Discussion in 'Clans' started by SAUNDERS77, Jul 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

firstly, saunders can explain about the extended metaphor of 420.

secondly, it isn't about having a higher skiller player base, a clan is more of a union of users in which they like to play together, not us, and they can scrimmage other clans, they weren't entirely made to boast about it all day long.

edit: and clans weren't made to attack servers.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

My genuine advice here. And for a change, I won't troll.

Nicely ask your members not to join other servers and grief to populate your own. Likewise, don't get pissy and threaten to ban someone if they say the server is laggy. Especially when the majority has 150+ ping due to being euro.

Learn some basic information about the plugins you run on your server. When every other parachute server is protected against people exploiting it, and then you guys have it at the stock setting, no-one will be able to resist just taking off. If you want to put up with banning a tonne of people, that's fine, but don't kick off about it. It's like putting sv_cheats 1 on and telling people not to do anything bad.

Drop the "EVERYONE IS AGAINST US" attitude.

Don't reply to trolls like Omneh.

Stop the "We are responsible for every member of our clan" attitude. If someone in your clan decides to be a dick, by all means sort him out, but don't post and talk about it everywhere, that you're sorting him out. Likewise, don't treat everyone else like that. If some dick in EPIC decides to be a dick on your server, then ban him. I don't need to know about it, especially if he deserves it. If ukgamer happens to be a dick on your server, then ban him. He deserves it, but you don't need to let everyone know why he's banned, and justify it to every corner of the earth. It's your server.

You may want to establish yourselves as a serious clan, and that's fine. EPIC were in your position 2 years ago. But demanding every other clan recognises you as such won't get you anywhere other than being laughed at. You're a serious clan when you can scrim without needing extra people to come help. Once you manage that, you won't have to sit there going "GUYZ, TAKE US SRSLY PLZZZ" all the time. Suffice to say, EPIC wasn't a name that people would initially take seriously. Neither is 420. So don't act like you're under harder conditions because of that.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  3. Omneh

Omneh Member

:3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

4. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

As I stated before about the ping kicker, we will maintain it so the plugin will kick laggers with extreme pings (400-500ms). I know that it sucks from a lagger's pov, and for everyone else playing with/against the lagger, and that's why they are kicked. Simply as that.

"...then you guys have it at the stock setting, no-one will be able to resist just taking off... It's like putting sv_cheats 1 on and telling people not to do anything bad."

That does NOT justify that someone should be taking advantage of something that is aware of its unintended feature. We will attempt to fix those problems with parachute. Also, your analogy needs some working on.

As for relaying information about other fellows clan members, we have found that some clans and communities (ex: viper) want to know whether their members are representing themselves well. In repeated offenses, some clans would even kick other troublesome members out. If you choose not to be informed about your clan members bad activities, that is your choice and we will not bother you with it from now on.

Aside from that, we are aware that many new clans will have a hard time earning respect from vets that have been playing the game for quite a while. We will also learn how to grow a thick skin when it comes to trolls ^^. Try to be patient and understanding of our situation.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  5. Trickster

Firstly, I already passed the command on to fix it quite some time ago. Whether it got to Saunders is another matter, but I passed it on before all this retardation happened on your server with chutes. Regardless, it's an incredibly easy task to fix it, and it's fairly basic knowledge that someone who has committed to spend a lot of money and time to buying a server, should have the ability to look up very quickly or simply as, rather than simply allowing the exploiting to go ahead so you can ban people and boost your profile.

It's one thing to be informed of it, it's another to be given walls of text and asking people who weren't even involved to justify the actions of others, and asked to partake in decisions regarding something you simply aren't involved in.

6. justin

justin Banned

So, i heard you like flying?

7. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Remember this because every time I scrim on your server with 250 ping you try to convince me that it doesn't effect my aim.

lulz 420 such dumb clan name, not great name like EPIC clan!

8. Trickster

250 ping =/= 500 ping. Once you breach the 300 mark, then you've got issues. And even west coasters usually only get ~180 to an EU server. You just have poor person internet.

9. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

yeah, if only i had ugly virgin internet like you.

10. Magnus_

Magnus_ Member

That analogy is correct. The primary purpose of sv_cheats is to allow map designers to debug their maps, and is also used for building navigation meshes. Using sv_cheats to gain an unfair advantage in a game is an unintended feature, just like the parachute exploit.

Also, I heard you finally managed to fix the exploit. It's a real shame; that's the only reason I played on the server to begin with.

11. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

"Putting sv_cheats 1 on" is usually done willingly and gives the expected results when you type in a command that requires cheats enabled. It is not a software bug that is taken advantage of. Sv_cheats is NOT an exploitation. At best, an admin can punish a player that should have known better for using cheat commands if it was accidentally enabled. Nice try.

12. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

Hello Saunders.
    I just wanted to apologies for not going easy on one of your clan members, I just wanted to see what to expect from your clan I did not think I would outclass him this much.
    So I am sorry for accidentally humiliating him while trying to populate your server and I am also sorry for being too friendly and for wishing you good luck. Perhaps you didn't hear that. You were, after all, busy with bragging about your clan and how you "made it what it is now" or about how many epic clan members you banned this weekend.

But don't worry, the 30 day ban you gave me opened my eyes and now I see that being friendly in this community is a waste of time.
    So rest assured I won't try to threat your arrogant arse with respect ever again.

13. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

this server gets hella choppy when a bunch of tanks are out and this is with only like 30 people playing.. I couldn't understand why viper wasn't the more popular server then I noticed viper was on the map rainbowpeace2? Like we need more shitty rainbowroad maps...

1 server lags, the other has shitty maps on all the time... WEAK

14. Magnus_

Magnus_ Member

Whether or not it's an exploitation hardly matters. It's correct because you expect players not to take advantage of something that you can fix.

15. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

you can basically call it nazi road, it actually is fun to play, despite it's shape.

16. Magnus_

Magnus_ Member

That was the original Rainbowpeace. Rainbowpeace2 is more like a window now.

At first, I couldn't fathom why they did well either, but now it's obvious to me that 420 has done a very good job with their advertising. It then becomes a huge disappointment when players find out the server lacks stability and is run by poor quality admins.

17. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

After some reviewing, you were banned due to a misunderstanding. You are now unbanned from 420 clan server. I apologize for the incident.

18. Trickster

You are all pathetic. It's like having 12 year olds running a server. Banning for the sake of publicity, banning for THEIR mistakes, adding turbo to everything etc.

It's just pathetic.

19. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I'd like to speak for the entire 420 clan and say.. Your mama.

20. Trickster

Don't be stupid Dubee, they aren't that witty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.