New Scout Skill - Increased Crouched Speed

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by pickjaoe, May 25, 2007.

1. pickjaoe

pickjaoe Member

New Skill for Scout Class that allows the scout to go faster when in crouched position and/or prone if it will be included. Kind of like the 'Speed Upgrade' in the General Skill section, but this will only be for Scouts and will only affect the crouched state.

2. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Why not add a skill that allows a scout to hide when standing still, and stay hidden when in walk mode?

3. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

It's a trade off. The scout would be more powerful if he could move at normal speed while invisible.

4. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

doesn't the speed increase skill help with this?

talking of which, that should definately be buffed to be 30% increase, currently NO-ONE uses it, and for good reason: why would you choose to arrive at the battlefied a whole 6 seconds early (if it was a minute walk, which it generally isn't) when you just die quickly because you didn't have the health or accuracy upgrade.

5. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

But if your finger (whoops) slips from the CTRL key, you're still out of hiding, maybe hiding shouldn't work when walking, but would it be able to work when standing up?

6. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

I use the speed skill almost every game, I don't know what you're talking about sandbag, it lets you move faster at the spot, and being somewhere one second early is always better than being 1 sec late.

Whether I'm engineer, scout, riflemen, grenadier, speed upgrade is a good skill to take, you should try it.

7. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I think it needs a bit of a boost. I admit that I don't use it much, but a bit of a boost to some of the general skills would be nice

8. Align

Align Member

Most(all?) the non-class specific skills suck and aren't worth the point unless you've got a spare.
    But Krenzo has said we're not working on balance yet, just bugtesting.

9. arklansman

arklansman Member

Ammo increase is the first thing I get as a grenadier, and then either health increase, health regen, or defusal.

10. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

OMG YOU READ MY MIND!!!

Thats what I do too.

11. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

Most general skills are idd very minimalistic, but serve their purpose well. I'd rather see them remain like this as everyone is going to get them in the long run, they should enhance your play style or tactics, or even make certain tactics possible, and they do that already, don't want people to have to counter other infantry based on the general skills they took. I do think some class specific skills need a boost.

Regen is usefull when you are a tank driver, since you're going to be safe in your tank most of the time, that health you lost when you got out to shoot someone near your tank will have enough time to be regained.

Ammo only really seems to be usefull when you are either a loner, a grenadier, or want the extra grenades, not saying these are the only occasions, but thats how I feel about it, it may seem as the best general skill, but its not all that rgeat when you either die before you even need more ammo, or there is an armory/apc engineer nearby.

Extra health, myeh well also not that usefull when someone is shooting a full clip in your ass, that one or two extra rifle bullets you can take isnt going to help that much most of the time, but then again, extra health is always a plus.

Accuracy upgrade is quite usefull with the smg or rifles, but depends on your strategy, both the scout and engineer have much better class specific skills for most occasions, I'd rather heal my friendlies more quickly than be able to use the smg3 better, but the accuracy upgrade does work very well with smg3 :D. Since the riflemen only has 3 class specific skills, of which one is ment for tanks, this would be a good skill to take, but still not a very good upgrade as hitting a few more bullets might get you some extra kills, or get you kills faster, still doesn't do that much in my experience.

melee upgrade is really sweet, its just made of win.

and stamina upgrade, does it even do anything? I'm pretty sure this skill does nothing, or near nothing. It doesn't give you an extra jump, doesn't seem to regenerate your stamina faster, or give you longer sprint. At least not in a noticable quantity. So yeh, if any skill should be fixed, it would definitly be stamina upgrade.

Last edited: May 26, 2007
  12. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

i have never used melee upgrade. I seem to get the chance to melee once out of about 5 games :(

Accuracy Upgrade + Heavy MG is a leathal combination
    also, i tend to go for health upgrade first with all classes (except engineer) because that extra 30 health can give you just enough of a boost to win a firefight or get out of the way of a turret or such, allowing you to heal later, that I think it's easily one of the best upgrades.

13. arklansman

arklansman Member

Try melee upgrade as a scout. ;) (with hide also)

14. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

melee upgrade kills really quickly, but the chance to melee is reallllllly limited. It's about as useful in a general situation as a silenced Rocket Launcher.

Still, if you get close to someone, you might have a chance...