New Rule On VIPER Server

Discussion in 'Clans' started by vipervicki, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I dont know why you are so hooked up on the abusive and disruptive part. Noone is going to argue a comstealer getting a ban, someone micspamming all the time, etc.
    All I disagree with is the rule that says no discussion. Discussion is diffrent that bitching and moaning. It usually involves people that can exchange arguments without getting into fis-,fuckfights, actually.

Saying that perhaps the guy that kept "stealing res" by buying apcs to help the last ditch effort is legit.
    Spamming admins about unbanning a notorious asshole, not so much.

Not actual in game examples.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

because an extensive argument disrupts the game as much as micspammers, plus its annoying for the admin who usually just wants to play the game aswell.
    there is a forum to argue about admin decisions, thats where they belong.

usually admins dont ban on sight (unless its blantant griefing or exploiting), there almost always is a warning preceeding the kick/ban - in the majority of cases even multiple.

really its no issue not getting banned - i havnt been banned once in my empires "career". if i can abide to the basic rules of netiquette im certain everyone can ...

3. Z100000M

For the sake of the argument, lets assume I meant it as "within reason". Ones that involve telling adm info he might not be aware of, blabla.
    Seriously flashe, cut the worst case scenarios thing.

4. flasche

well i can only speak for my understanding of good administration, in such cases ofc the rule is not to be executed unless it leads into an extensive discussion. there is a difference inbetween providing additional info and playing a lawyer.
    such ban isnt automatic, there still are humans involved. if you tell that its unjustified because <something>, its ok - if you keep insisting on that the player should be unbanned immediatly, start an discussion you refuse to end on demand (this is the preceeding warning i spoke about) and at worst start to verbally abuse the admin, its not.

edit:
    admins uncapable to distiquish shouldnt be admins in the first place - this doesnt really need super elaborated rules.
    but you can voice opinions about admins on the forums aswell. im certain if you provide good reason why you think that <admin> should be revoked his rights, vicki will agree and do so - or at least speak to and warn him about that its an unacceptable form of administration.

5. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

I'll go with wealthy's statement if no one objects

VIPERS MOTD

I will adjust the forum link when trickster makes the section

6. flasche

you forgot a newline after rule #1.

edit:
    i just ask myself it needs those explicit rules at all, they basically are common sense for multiplayer online gaming anyway.
    i think itd do with "no abusive and disruptive behavior. admin decisions are to be discussed on <forum link>" as indication for that its a serious server.
    any admin action should be given a previous warning anyway - unless ofc its a repeating offense - if a player doesnt stop then its his own fault.

7. Z100000M

/\

This sounds way less dickish, and easily acceptable.

8. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

If you can also make sure to hyperlink to the specific script thread (when it's made) as well, then that would be ideal.

I'll try and get it done tonight if I can.

9. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Is it wrong that when I see flasche and z10000m talking I just want to pull up a chair and drink quietly while listening?

It is kinda funny how flasche sounds on the forum compared to how laid back his voice is usually :p

10. Z100000M

My post actually sound angry? How comes?
    I took so much magnesium in last two weeks, a lesser man would go comatose. I am physically incapable of being angry right now.

11. Trickster

Why are you taking magnesium?

12. Z100000M

Either a possible hearth condition that makes highly emotional states undesirable or my brain is fucking with me and I need to chill out. That and the new tabs I bought 3 days ago probably have waaaay more of it as they should. I took 3 and feel like reaching a state of zen. Which, hilariously, makes me freak the fuck out.

13. Trickster

What does magnesium even do? Calm you? Normally I'd google but I've generally found that googling for drugs and their effects in this country makes me feel uncomfortable.

14. Z100000M

Drugs?
    It's Mg2+ ions.

And, yeah, basically, think inverse caffeine.

15. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

16. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

Scripts are on VIPER now with proper links to changelog and proper forum thread