New NF voice

Discussion in 'General' started by Angry, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Angry

Angry Junior Member

If your expecting content here your in the wrong place

Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
  2. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

"IMMA FIRIN MAH LAZER"
    "WHERE'S YOUR ALLAH NOW YOU SAND NIGGER"

We're in good hands ^_^;.

Did you request him to do the voices or did he volunteer?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2007
  3. picard131

picard131 Member

We are in very good hands here. I can't wait for the new NF voices. *evil laugh*

Still, we absolutely NEED to keep the old 'TAKE COVAR!' in, unless he can somehow do it funnier.

4. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

well actually we need serious vocalitys.. even tho i love megels voice for NF its more of a joke then somthing you want in a serious game..

I met some dudes in monterey awhile back and after talkin to them about source games for awhile I found out they knew about empires..(talk about a small world) but what was funny was that they referred to it as the crazy russian voice guy mod.. haha they couldnt get over how goofy the voices were.. but like krenzo said awhile back atleast they had energy.. the voice work for INS was shit.. it sounded like some dude had to be quiet and not wake up his grandma even tho he was in the middle of a war

but I will indeed miss the times when a whole NF team would spam TAKE COVAR

5. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Seriously I love those voices...we should keep "Take coverrrr!" and "Oh look you're covered in holes" at the very least ^^ They are definately a fun element and I don't want to see all of them go.

Erm...when you say lines, welll...won't we need a list of commands to cover (to think up new script for) - i.e. for artillery fire, support...guard this unit, etc...?

6. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

I think we should have:
    a rough, grisly voice for rifleman
    nasally voice for engineer
    a "teenager"-ish (or casual) voice for scout
    and for the grenadier.. not sure.

We should stick with the feminine voice for the commander.

7. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

I'm going to start backing up Megals voice overs, I love "TAKE COVAAAAAARRR!!!" For me it's like getting rid of Leonidas' "SPARTAAAAA!!!" or Kirk's "KHAAAAAAAAAANNN!!!" or Darth Vader's "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

8. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

woah wait.. so each class will have a different voice?! that sounds neat and all but isnt that a bit much? and will BE get the same love?

9. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I meant what are the list of commands that we are writing lines for. They're not all Take cover and taunts, I hardly ever use the voice menu for anything but spotted and squad menu, so I don't know them. It would be real helpful if you could jot down a list so we could make variants of them :)

10. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

The NF scouts were members of the original Jekotian military before Jekotia collapsed. They volenteered to hibernate and be awoken when Jekotia rose again. There is a special character model sketched for them but it hasnt been modeled yet.

The only reason I dont want to see my voices go is I love my Taunts. Otherwise Ive had quite enough of being mocked by the entire internet. I mean, no one thinks I sound goofy in real life, it just didnt transfer to digital very well.

Remember, this isnt TF2, this is more serious, real war, kinda stuff. We dont want nasily voices or teenagers. We need men.

They guy sounds fine but alot of his work is rather offensive. I dont want the new voices to be filled with inapropiate langauge.

11. Chahk

Chahk Member

I'm guessing that he'll read only what you write.

12. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I like your voice :(

13. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

Well, the NF needed all the help they could get. After all, they ARE against an Empire.

Thats why it'll look good on his resume :]. It's a nice change for him. See the Miss Dynamite episode, his voice is very commanding.

14. Sonata Arctica

Sonata Arctica Member

Forget all I said about having different voice sets, that would be too taxing and insane.

>_>;;

15. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

The original Megel voices MUST be kept for one class though, you just can't erase Empires' history!!

rant
    Well, unless you DISLIKE THE SMG3!
    /rant

16. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

As much as I personally love Megel's voice commands, I am well aware that i am in the minority. The moddb review of 1.0 even criticized the voice, if I remember correctly. It's a shame but it's a reality.

Like Ikalx said, what commands are we going for, here? Are they essentially the same ideas being conveyed by the current menu, with only changes in script?

Also, is there any particular goal for each class's... 'style' or 'attitude' or whatnot. This would really help determine what type of script they had. As far as stereotypes go, I can imagine-

Rifleman- Something aggressive and exuberant, and very eager. But mean. Like a cross between the TF2 soldier and scout.
    Scout- stereotypical stealth stuff. i.e. Ghosts.
    Grenadier- i have no idea; the demoman of TF2 is probably a good example, or those commandoes from CC1... the ones with the c4.
    Engineer- Something sufficiently cowardly to reflect his status as a support unit.
    Commander- aloof, commanding, and most of all, pissed off/frustrated. Much like real commanders, or, at least, me, when I'm commanding.

By the way, if you need a pirate voice, i've got you covered. XD

17. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

a different voice for each class is stupid.. 1 guy tryin to sound like 4 different people would be even more goofy then megels..

thats too much detail for somthing not important

1 voice per team seems to fit well.. and maybe a different voice for NF commander? that way its not the same commander voice for both factions

18. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

angry's suggestion, not mine. But if you listen to his demo reel, it sounds almost plausible to have 8 voices and one guy. Hell, family guy does it. But like I said before, I'm not picky about the voices, as long as the script isn't ridiculous. *cough cough BG2 cough cough*

19. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

yeah well look at frank caliendo too he can do like 200 different voices.. but this voice actor guy is no frank or seth macfarlen.. i dont think he can pull it off with out it being corny

imo he should do a professional sounding commander voice and then a ruff infantry voice

20. ooger

ooger Member

oh god, please do this. I love the goofy russian voices so much!

It reminds me of all the crazy russian professors i've had for my engineering/math classes.