New Game Mechanic Idea

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by angry hillbilly, Apr 8, 2010.

1. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

I was thinking about how much i miss being able to load out my tank however i wanted. U know 6 shooters BE 5 single missles NF...etc and then i had an idea of how to give a commander more control of what types of tanks that are built. This could actully also be a way to stop greifers building Boom tank no armour APC's..etc

Idea 1: Let the commander have the abilty to be able to tick a box that means that when a person trys to build a vehical they need permission to build that tank and the commander can look at the load out they have done and click accept to that loadout. Now to stop where you have comms who just dont respond (afk, greifing...etc) make it so that they have something like 10seconds to respond to each build request then the tank will build anyway. I know its a bit of a time to wait but its more of a fail safe than anything.

Idea 2: Allow the commander to dissalow certain loadouts so say he/she doesnt want certain weapons, armour..etc used he can stop certain things being used. This is a bit of a double edged sword as it has the ability to stop greifin but also can be greifed then again severs have cracked down on greifing so iduno.

I know they a bit WIP and i would of put in suggestions but i wanted to run it by fellow testers who have common sense before i got attacked by the mob that be the community lol :p

2. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

You do realise anyone who is signed in can now see this thread? There are no testers now. This needs moving to the suggestion section.

3. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

um...wut? o0

4. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

There are no "testers" any more. Anyone who has a forum account can see the 3 tester sections.

5. Foxy

Foxy I lied, def a Forum Troll

Lets add an entire bureaucratic process to getting a tank.

I'm sure having to wait several months to get one will stop people losing them.

6. angry hillbilly

angry hillbilly Member

and the mob attacks ¬¬

7. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

Idea 1:
    I like that idea.
    The request should include a statement why u want to drive a tank, and why you want exactly this loadout.
    This has to be send to the commander, if he appreciates the request he has to state in which way the tankdriver would help the teams advancement. Whether he gives his go or not, the formular then should be sent to a vote of the whole team. If 20% of the team and the com say "yes" the player gets his tank.
    If Com said no, but 50% of team says yes, com shall be able to veto with a statement why the tank wouldnt be helpful. This veto can only be overrun by 75% of team.
    After that has been done, the formular has to be copied twice, one copy for the player, one for the com and the original to the archives.

back to topic:
    Idea 2: it would be more senseful not to prohibit certain loadouts, but to forbid all but exceptions.