.NET frawework ?

Discussion in 'Support' started by [EnT] Nachos, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Sounds like the SDK Base 2007 bug, that's basically what this is meant to prevent. Try validating SDK Base 2007 (or even starting it).

2. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Validated... it replaced 5 files in 2 seconds.
    Ran it and it was that silly source test.(ran the test for nostalgia reasons.)
    Same error.

My sdk 2007 is in common if that makes a difference. I will have more time to poke at the code with a stick this weekend.

3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

There is a fix somewhere on the forums, but I'm not quite sure where.

Honestly, the fact that half of the people who install Empires can't even start the game is one of the biggest concerns to me regarding playercount, but we have no idea how to fix it.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  4. ViroMan

Possibly have a program hardlink all the files into the two locations seen so far. This way it would always work? The files won't technically exist in two locations the OS will believe it does though.

5. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Can you just do what the .net launcher does? The code is on jephirs github.

6. ViroMan

I did. It was giving that sdk error. I found out that it gives that error if I run it direct but, if I run it through steam it popes up empires and I see the empires menu background and then it gives me "could not load library client". Any clues? What do you guys pass in as arguments that makes it get that far?

7. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

We don't tell steam to set any arguments.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  8. ViroMan

Poking around since I can't work due to having a tooth pulled and under awesome pain killer. I am having same issue as nacho was. I can NOT get empires to start via command line at all.

I have verified both empires and the SDK. I ran the SDK. empires still refuses to run via batch file.

The really strange thing is... If I run the standard empires launcher via steam it works BUT, if I run it directly it fails with the same error as the batch file.... WTF is going on here? Steam does something before or during the running of the launcher to make it work. That is why my launcher got further when steam runs it then when run directly.